jr style regal build

new-killer-star

I did my small part in keeping the economy going a couple days ago, put in an order for these guys from the showcase...

I plan to finish in a translucent white and put in a p90 variant...
HN288a.jpg

LPC232a.jpg

LPC232c.jpg

Those are some stunning parts.
Going to be a gorgeous guitar when it’s assembled, I’m sure.  :eek:ccasion14:

Oh my, what a great freaking combo, that would be a shame to put any kind of finish over that other than tru oil...or some danish oil... :sad1:

good body and neck  :glasses9:

I did have look that body and thinking put P90 on neck and buy it too .

just the solid body weight 7 Pounds is too much for me .  :help:

Holy Grain Pattern Batman! , That's some fine lookin' wood!

.Not now Robin! Wait till we get back to the Bat Cave!

:headbang1:

I can’t imagine a finish that doesn’t highlight the grain...

I was so excited to find a regal body just aching to be a junior in korina that I didn’t even bother looking at the weight and it might even have been an impulse purchase, but yeah the neck pocket says 7.9 so this will be one of my heavier guitars, oh well.

I am so stoked...

I received my shipment notice for this already that is surprisingly fast. Folks really are back in action :turtle:

I deliberately skipped ordering fret and nut work this time though - to not get caught in the backlog.

I unboxed things, it looks really good. I’m usually a bit more on top of it still have to pick out and order hardware and pickups. I’m debating a bigsby vs wraparound.

PUwq5yw_d.jpg

You've certainly got room for a Bigsby, if you can get it to sit right with the carved top. :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:
You've certainly got room for a Bigsby, if you can get it to sit right with the carved top. :icon_thumright:
+1

A Bigsby would really look great on it. Remember those Callaham improved parts.

Rgand said:
PhilHill said:
+1

A Bigsby would really look great on it. Remember those Callaham improved parts.

The Callaham parts or so much better. I have them in the bigsby in my supro dual tone and it’s such a huge improvement.

Although weight may no longer be a consideration :p I would expect the Bigsby to be quite a bit heavier than a wraparound bridge.

Update: looking at their specs those Bigsby all seem to be in the 9-12oz range.

new-killer-star said:
I unboxed things, it looks really good. I’m usually a bit more on top of it still have to pick out and order hardware and pickups. I’m debating a bigsby vs wraparound.

PUwq5yw_d.jpg
I'd go trapeze... :laughing7:
th

This needs a Schroeder wraparound and a set of Waverly tuners. :headbang:

Attachments

• chrome bridge.jpg
    chrome bridge.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1
  • waverly-guitar-tuners-with-butterbean-knobs-for-solid-pegheads.jpg
    waverly-guitar-tuners-with-butterbean-knobs-for-solid-pegheads.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1
I spent some time with sandpaper burnishing the neck last weekend. This is the first neck I've done this on before the frets were installed and I like it :)

zUrk0MI.jpg

Back