Jones n

DangerousR6 said:
I'll have to say tho, this PRS has got me all... :eek:  I mean, look at this top...
nk0rhx3k2nqudc8hpyvt.jpg

Nice, I think that's a Dusty Waring model (bolt on).. Discovered those when I was looking for a PRS with a Floyd... Only to discover that a PRS Core model with Floyd was going to be WAY outta my price range.  That's when I discovered the Carvin CT's, or the "poor man's" PRS. lol 

PRS has always been known for their tops.  I've owned two, a Wine Red ten top Custom 22 and a PRS Signature Limited.  The Sig Limited was hands down the most beautiful guitar i've ever owned, but I could just never bond with it so it went on down the road.  I sold the other to fund other gear purchases.  From that point, I've bought Carvin CT's (both Floyed and String Thru) and never looked back. 

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_193725.jpg
    IMG_20171203_193725.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20171203_194428.jpg
    IMG_20171203_194428.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 123
  • 0502170941.jpg
    0502170941.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
Whoa, is that a scarf joint on the Epi neck?  Someone is thinking for a change over at Gibson.

DangerousR6 said:
And for those that are monetarily challenged. The make an Epi version..Under 7 bills..
f69bam9dc6qhbwbzcdiu.jpg
jgn26gnxl0jxj4qunkq7.jpg

Epis have been getting built better and better for many years now. Of course the wood quality and final finishing touches are still nowhere near the level of an actual Gibson, since they're built to a much tighter budget and time frame, but the core construction is now at least equal if not better than a helluva lot of MIA guitars. Gibson/Epiphone did a very smart thing by fully taking over a couple of the more experienced Chinese factories a few years back and letting them really flex their technical know-how. There are guys in China working on Epis now that have a decade more experience than some Fender and Gibson Custom Shop master builders, and a lot of the good modernisation of Gibson guitars started off as ideas in the Epi factory.

Makes me wish they'd bring back the Elitist range properly, get that same tight construction but with better base materials and allowing for more thorough finishing and QC.

In any case, I wouldn't bill the Epi version as just a budget version, in 99.99% of players' hands it'll do the exact same thing exactly as well.

War_in_D said:
DangerousR6 said:
I'll have to say tho, this PRS has got me all... :eek:  I mean, look at this top...
nk0rhx3k2nqudc8hpyvt.jpg

Nice, I think that's a Dusty Waring model (bolt on).. Discovered those when I was looking for a PRS with a Floyd... Only to discover that a PRS Core model with Floyd was going to be WAY outta my price range.  That's when I discovered the Carvin CT's, or the "poor man's" PRS. lol 

PRS has always been known for their tops.  I've owned two, a Wine Red ten top Custom 22 and a PRS Signature Limited.  The Sig Limited was hands down the most beautiful guitar i've ever owned, but I could just never bond with it so it went on down the road.  I sold the other to fund other gear purchases.  From that point, I've bought Carvin CT's (both Floyed and String Thru) and never looked back.
yes, it's a DW sig, one of the few they put Floyds on.... :party07:

JaySwear2 said:
Funny you say this, Doug! I just put a Les Paul Deluxe on layaway at a local store. It'll be the first decent production electric guitar I've bought in a long time!
You ever get your LP jay?  I just bought an '06 Studio chambered faded Studio. It's not the black Modern I wanted, but it'll do... :laughing7:
er7amkvac2ljtpknd7e3.jpg

I hope you are satisfied . After reading this thread a few dozen times I just ordered an LP 50s p-90 gold top for my birthday. :turtle:

bassetman said:
I hope you are satisfied . After reading this thread a few dozen times I just ordered an LP 50s p-90 gold top for my birthday. :turtle:
Yes, very satisfied, and a P90 Goldtop is on my list...I'd love a '52 reissue...
fw6r7xo3qyjdvoh92lwl.jpg

It is beautiful and plays great. The p 90s are wonderful. I’ll post pics when I find an image hosting site that works.
  :headbanging:

bassetman said:
It is beautiful and plays great. The p 90s are wonderful. I’ll post pics when I find an image hosting site that works.
  :headbanging:
Flickr...

Or you could post them on this site using the attachment and other option button

Back