Jazzmaster pickup covers

victor

I'm looking into replacing my JM neck pickup with a humbucker. But I can't find a JM cover that supports a humbucker, they are all for single pole pickups. Anyone seen the JM pickup cover in a humbucker style like in black?

Curtis Novak makes a PAF-style pickup in a JM cover. And he'll sell you a matching cover for your bridge pickup so the colors are the same, if that's important to you.

He makes a few other things in the JM form factor, too.

I've used his pickups and they are not cheap, but really nice.

I have seen these before so I did a quick google search for "jazzmaster humbucker ring" and found these:

I am not sure where you are located but hopefully you can find relatively something local to you.

Keep in mind that if your body is routed for traditional Jazzmaster pickups that the pickup routes might not be deep enough for humbuckers. You would probably have to do a little routing or at least creative drilling to get them to fit

Thank you all for the comments! I saw those Curtis Novak ones and the matching cover but I was thinking about the SD 59's. Maybe I could get those rings and just leave them uncovered, that's also a good idea. As far as the routing depth I'm sure the cavities are deep enough. It's a Warmoth Jazzmaster body and I have Fralin single coil noiseless pickups in it and had to route those cavities really deep (probably twice as deep as they came from Warmoth) to accommodate them. I'm thinking of leaving the single coil in the bridge and put the humbucker in the neck.

You could go to Seymour Duncan custom shop. They do a humbucker under Jazzmaster and can make a set for you. They're pricey as they're made to order and hand wounded by one of the best. Lead time right now is about 6 weeks. I got a single coil P90 that took about that time frame.

Back