Jazzmaster Neck on a Strat body?

ChrisPBacon

Hey guys! I recieved my neck from Warmoth recently and I already have some ideas for another build that I can't get out of my head. I figured I would ask you guys/gals if a Jazzmaster neck could fit in a vintage routed stratocaster body. I figure it should be something that is doable and I was wondering if it is an "off menu" option, or if the neck will fit no hassle. Appreciate the help in advance!

It should work with no fuss, but the only way to know for sure if our parts are compatible is by measuring carefully. Unless otherwise noted on our website, all our neck heels and neck pockets adhere to Fender's Vintage/Original 2-3/16" specs.

You can get more info here: http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/faq2.aspx

Speaking of Jazzmaster necks, why can’t we order bound necks with no overhang? I asked sales and they said it wasn’t possible, but fender makes them.

Fender.Fan said:
Speaking of Jazzmaster necks, why can’t we order bound necks with no overhang? I asked sales and they said it wasn’t possible, but fender makes them.

most likely, so fewer people ask for this , so they don't invest time to made it into CNC CAD and programming .

Fender.Fan said:

There are lots of things that are possible that Warmoth won't do.

When it comes to doing off-menu requests it's generally not a question of whether it's possible, but more a question of how well it dovetails into Warmoth's fundamental build methodologies and production flow. If a customer is asking for something that can be accomplished within the parameters and methods we already use to build things, and without delaying our production flow too much, we try to accommodate. OTOH, if the request requires fundamental design or production changes that would pull a person or two off their normal tasks for a day, that's when we have to sometimes say "no".

If something comes along and we get so many requests for it that it warrants changing our methodologies or production flow, then we adapt....but such things are rare. Binding on 21 fret necks isn't something we get enough requests for to warrant the considerable R&D expense.

Whoa, a reply from the legendary Aaron himself! When (IF) I'm famous enough, I gotta have you show me how you get so damn close to the Van Halen Sound! Or maybe you just put it in a youtube video. Anyways, I appreciate the quick response! You guys are killing the game out there and I look forward to my next strat build with you guys!

ChrisPBacon said:
Whoa, a reply from the legendary Aaron himself! When (IF) I'm famous enough, I gotta have you show me how you get so damn close to the Van Halen Sound! Or maybe you just put it in a youtube video. Anyways, I appreciate the quick response! You guys are killing the game out there and I look forward to my next strat build with you guys!

Ha! Yes...I am super legendary.

iu

As far as the VH sound, here's the secret that always gets overlooked: you can make a lot of different amps sound like Van Halen if you get the swing right. It's way more about the feel than the exact amp tone. In my opinion, of course. And my opinion is worth more than most people's, because I am a legend.

Fender.Fan said:

And lastly - because I am a legend - I have some good news: I've just been informed that we *can* do binding on a 21 fret neck as an off-menu option. It will require a phone call or email to our sales department, which could be a challenge right now, but it can be done.

The Aaron said:
ChrisPBacon said:

Ha! Yes...I am super legendary.

iu

As far as the VH sound, here's the secret that always gets overlooked: you can make a lot of different amps sound like Van Halen if you get the swing right. It's way more about the feel than the exact amp tone. In my opinion, of course. And my opinion is worth more than most people's, because I am a legend.

All this, and so Modest too.....  :eek:

Back