Jazzmaster modeling in Solidworks

DangerousR6 said:
I know what you mean about locating source material, I went the the same thing trying to find dimensions on Billy Bo, none to be had anywhere. So I improvised as best as I could. I was able to locate in my files a drawing I have with dimensions of the Jazz, you may already have it, but just in case here it is. I do have several pdf's with dimensions.
51350855022_4713756ba2_b.jpg

:eek:ccasion14:

YES!!! I knew there would be one out there somewhere! There are far fewer open questions on this print, and I'll post a Solidworks screenshot sometime in the next couple of days.

THANKS!  :yourock:

I had the same idea as you about a year ago and wanted to design my own guitar, but using some existing ones as templates to make sure the neck pocket, bridge, pickup routs, etc were all in the right place. I never found a drawing I was happy with and didn't have a good example of a body to measure from at the time. I found several dwg files online that looked good, but if you overlaid them they didn't match up so who knew which was correct? That JM drawing might be a good start. Will have to think about cranking up Rhino again.
Good luck

XYZgnomon said:
DangerousR6 said:
I know what you mean about locating source material, I went the the same thing trying to find dimensions on Billy Bo, none to be had anywhere. So I improvised as best as I could. I was able to locate in my files a drawing I have with dimensions of the Jazz, you may already have it, but just in case here it is. I do have several pdf's with dimensions.

YES!!! I knew there would be one out there somewhere! There are far fewer open questions on this print, and I'll post a Solidworks screenshot sometime in the next couple of days.

If you need some extra help, I have and iges file of the point data of the body perimeter.... :icon_thumright:

XYZgnomon said:
DangerousR6 said:

Just for giggles I modeled one up in Fushion 360 to see how it worked.
51356411088_ac2a29a6bf_b.jpg

XYZgnomon said:
DangerousR6 said:

No model yet????

DangerousR6 said:
XYZgnomon said:
DangerousR6 said:

No model yet????

As a solidworks user, I echo Doug's remark! 

Mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:
XYZgnomon said:
DangerousR6 said:

No model yet????

As a solidworks user, I echo Doug's remark!
Ya, I'm guessing this guy not really a cad user... :dontknow:

Back