Jazzcaster? Stratomaster?

SSSJazz

It seems like "forever" when you're waiting for your order to arrive...  :sad1:

but when that e-mail lands in your inbox--telling you your order has shipped...  :hello2:

aahhhh... gratification is soon at-hand.  :guitaristgif:

On Monday (6/18), I should be opening a couple of boxes containing (among other things):

JMP28A.jpg
JMP28B.jpg

SN2313a.jpg
SN2313b.jpg

Awesome, we wanna see completed pics when done, Good luck and have fun :glasses10:

John

Thanks, all... especially for the "good luck."  This'll be my first Warmoth project.
And, I need to get it done before my 2nd project arrives... which is a Mustang for my son's 10th birthday (next month).  I'm aiming to make that one a "father & son" project.  :icon_thumright:

As for the Jazz, the pickguard is just a plain, white one.  The 5-way blade switch will be in the upper cavity (where the "rhythm circuit" is normally located on Jazzmasters).

The pickups (which arrived only a couple of days ago--perfect timing!) are the Hank Marvin set from Kinman.

SSSJazz said:
The pickups (which arrived only a couple of days ago--perfect timing!) are the Hank Marvin set from Kinman.
Excellent choice. I played a 70's ash strat with these pickups and I was sold to Kinman forever! Not only they are quiet pickups, they have the tone.
The Jazzmaster/Jaguar are my favorite Fender shapes and their tones are unique. When Warmoth starts offering the hollow option I'm gonna order one myself.

SSSJazz said:
On Monday (6/18), I should be opening a couple of boxes...

Probably Wednesday/Thursday, now...  :-\

I wasn't there to sign for it (I never am).  Although when I get home, I will use the Info Notice to request a "will call" at the UPS facility... and the UPS customer service rep will tell me it will be available tomorrow at said UPS facility... the bonehead UPS driver :tard:  will keep it on his truck till the 3rd day, like he always does.

Not that I'm upset about the "signature required" shipping.  Far from it!  I've lost more than one pair of leather shoes to the bonehead UPS driver :tard: who puts packages not requiring a signature in my back yard... where I have a dog who goes NUTS from the off-gassing aroma of new leather.  The scent of eau de newguitar might've been too enticing for him, too.  :icon_tongue:

My UPS guy never gets a signature, everything I have ever ordered has been left at the front door,  My $900.00  Tech-21  Amp, sitting there waiting when i got home. All my warmoth and stew mac stuff, just sitting there waiting.
I guess until it gets ripped i won't mind.

John

Another reason I like to pick up shipments at the UPS facility....

I open the box right there.  If UPS damaged it during shipping, I can show 'em right away.

Kostas said:
When Warmoth starts offering the hollow option I'm gonna order one myself.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this :) I was planning on ordering a cherry burst hollow Strat but now I'm not so sure anymore. Have you called or emailed Warmoth to verify the absence of the hollow option for this?

Josbourne said:
Kostas said:
When Warmoth starts offering the hollow option I'm gonna order one myself.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this :) I was planning on ordering a cherry burst hollow Strat but now I'm not so sure anymore. Have you called or emailed Warmoth to verify the absence of the hollow option for this?
Gregg said that in another thread. It's not in Warmoth's plans to do hollow Jag/Jazz. Maybe much later in time.

Back