Jazz In Bubinga...

SlingBass

In the last couple months I've become a devotee of Warmoth. SS frets have been the norm for the last 10 years, and this (plus another Warmoth) have the finest out-of-the-shop fretwork yet. Having long been a Fender guy - makes me wonder......why? Latest arrival:

Picture065.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Welcome aboard mate!
What are you going to hitch that splendid looking thunder stick to? :hello2:

...and how much does it weigh?  I'm considering a wenge or bubinga neck for my first bass but I'm very concerned about neck dive.

Oh and welcome :)

willyk said:
What are you going to hitch that splendid looking thunder stick to? :hello2:
I've a Highway One Jazz with a Warmoth bubinga/ebony neck, and I was going to install this on a Highway One P-Bass. I'm reconsidering that thought......and may try and sell to get another Warmoth neck of different character. I love the bubinga/ebony - it IS heavy, but that suits me and my style ( have the head pointing at about 3 o'clock). Bubinga is great for the blues (which I use it for) or anything else.

dbw said:
...and how much does it weigh?  I'm considering a wenge or bubinga neck for my first bass but I'm very concerned about neck dive.

Oh and welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome and kind words, all! Heavy they may be - it depends what you find tolerable. *I* like it, as it conforms with my style and position of playing, plus dead-on solid.

Back