james hetfields Ken Lawrence configuration (help)

paul4tune

would anyone know the spec for james hetfields ken lawrence as i want to build one using warmoth.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks what body configuration what stain ect...
:headbang1:
thanks

know that Hetfield likes the EMG 81/60 combo. I think that the lawrence guitar has two vol and one tone. All black hardware.

Mahogany body
Chechen Top
Chechen Headcap
Chechen Rear Cover Plate
Mahogany neck
Central American Rosewood Fingerboard
22 Frets
Custom Petroglyph inlay shows people hunting the beast
Modified Ken Lawrence Headstock
EMG 81/60 pickups
jamesklexp1.jpg

I would guess too that it's 24.75" scale because he started on the Gibson Explorer, then the ESP which was a Gibson copy, then the Ken Lawrence.  He's also been spotted with LPs and ESP Eclipses, also 24.75" scale.

DangerousR6 said:
rockskate4x said:
What The HECK?!? When was James playing THAT? What song could that possibly be for?
:dontknow:
Sorry to spoil your party, thats Photo shopped in, look at his fingers they aren't all there. And the Floyd looks like it was put in using MS paint!  :laughing7:

And in that picture, If you remove James's head from sight, I could swear he looks like the old guy from American chopper.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
DangerousR6 said:
rockskate4x said:
What The HECK?!? When was James playing THAT? What song could that possibly be for?
:dontknow:
Sorry to spoil your party, thats Photo shopped in, look at his fingers they aren't all there. And the Floyd looks like it was put in using MS paint!  :laughing7:

And in that picture, If you remove James's head from sight, I could swear he looks like the old guy from American chopper.

Photoshop for sure ... just look at the guitar strap on his shoulder which is attached to ... nothing!

still though, that's totally photoshopped. I'm a graphic designer by schooling.. and that is photoshopped.

Luke said:
still though, that's totally photoshopped. I'm a graphic designer by schooling.. and that is photoshopped.
Yup. There's an angle issue on the banjo (I think it should be angled upwards a bit, so you see the side) and the color on Jame's arm is off if the banjo's going to be there. Smoothing that out would add a lot. It's something I learned while making Soycaster II. It really added to the look.

Ha, I love that picture though. (James)

You guys spoil all the fun. :icon_biggrin:

(BTW - of COURSE it's photo-shoped  :headbang:)

Photoshopped?  What about the big banjo solo in Master of Puppets (somebody please do not post the bluegrass version of Ride The Lightning).

But, since we're on the subject of Hetfeld playing "un-metal" instruments, he did play a B-Bender Tele on one of the Load/Re-Load incarnations.

Back