Jaguar Grounding Plates

fishbonetabby

Whipped these together last night in a sleepless stupor while watching the Toxic Avenger 4 for the millionth time. How’d I do?

It was fairly simple to trace the shapes right off the body using tracing paper. I cut those out and transferred them to card stock using double sided tape & when those were perfect I repeated the process onto brass. The .25mm brass cut easily with a pair of heavy duty scissors & required only minimal filing. I’m probably way more excited to wire this guitar up than I should be.

Attachments

• IMG_6143.jpeg
    IMG_6143.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
When saw the first one back in the 1980's I thought it was ephemeral trash, funny, but ephemeral. Must have been better than I thought.

When saw the first one back in the 1980's I thought it was ephemeral trash, funny, but ephemeral. Must have been better than I thought.
Nobody will argue with you about it being trashy. My wife says “you don’t need a reason to like something” and she right. There isn’t a whole lot to enjoy about campy horror movies unless you’re genuinely into them.

There's a rebood involving Kevin Bacon, Peter Dinklgage and Elijah Wood (amongs other)... curious to see that when available.

A reboot ... Good grief. I mean it's funny ... but still ...
Nostalgia has had quite a run in the last few years. I'm old enough that I can get behind the trend but it will get old eventually. As a Troma fan (and I think I can speak for many of us here) I'm pretty excited about the Toxic Avenger reboot. If for anything I wanna see Lloyd get his props and get a well deserved industry payout.

I remember it was filmed just south of where I lived at the time, man, times have changed. Go to the places, especially Jersey City and down to
Edgewater, and you have to be millionaire to buy a house. Back then it was dry docks, garbage dumps etc. though other parts are still pretty gritty.

Back