Ive finished my first build

shush

Parts arrived last week, I added my own scratchplate and pickups from my mij strat. The body neck trem and tuners all came from warmoth, I have to say i'm absolutely delighted with the way it all went together. The only thing i'm gonna change is the bridge pickup, i'm gonna put a seymour duncan lil' 59 in there. The neck is settling nicely, I had to adjust the truss rod because there was no relief, so i'll keep tweaking as she settles down. Anyway here is a pic, it is greener in the flesh than the photos show.

By http://profile.imageshack.us/user/satriani1

Absolutely gorgeous!  How do you like the Wilkinson trem?  I recommend you post it in the finished project Strat section.

The scratcplate and knobs etc are aged parts, I think it looks great on that blue body, seems to compliment the colour very nicely. The wilkinson trem is fabulous, holds tuning very well and works a treat  :headbang1:

I'm loving the grain on that,  I did know you could get birdseye maple carpet.

Oh...and the neck is nice too........... :sign13:
:icon_tongue:    :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks for the compliments, the only trouble I'm having is I've loosened the truss rod comletely and I'm still getting some buzz at around the 3rd to 7th fret so what I've done is tuned her up a semitone / halfstep and I'm gonna leave it a while and see what happens, any tips now would be greatly appreciated  :guitarplayer2:

I use 9's, thought about going to 10's but I'm gonna wait and see what happens with the neck  :icon_thumright:

Sorry I'm late to the party, Shush - EXCELLENT  :glasses10:  Pup add is going to make that outstanding - CONGRATS  :icon_thumright:

Back