It's official - Gibson files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Must post... before anyone else does..

30894109_2061701404043237_3702394227288702976_n.jpg

All the REGAL GUITAR BODY become Screamin' Deals,  cleaning sales means the LP copies comings up without copyright issues?

I wouldn't count on it until after new leadership is in place AND you see some signs of change. Right now I'd expect creditors to not be amused at any sort of perception that they're soft on going after protecting their trademarks.

Sorry guys...Gibson shapes will not be coming back any time soon.

double A said:
Sorry guys...Gibson shapes will not be coming back any time soon.
Well, I kinda figured that would be a give but could you at least fix the cutaway on the Regal body to give a bit more wood between the neck humbucker pickup ring and the edge of the body? That Pac-Man mouth cutaway is really off-putting, since it really doesn't need to be that big and still satisfy a non Gibby look.

That's what's keeping me from building a Regal with an Hombre neck.

Logrinn said:

:turtle:
I remember that conversation but I didn't see Aaron's post. Outstanding! I'm not one to complain about stuff, but I can say that the relationship between the cutaway and the pickup/ring has been a big contributor to me not pulling the trigger on a Regal build. Now... how am I going to explain this to my wife............

-VB- said:
Logrinn said:

I remember that conversation but I didn't see Aaron's post. Outstanding! I'm not one to complain about stuff, but I can say that the relationship between the cutaway and the pickup/ring has been a big contributor to me not pulling the trigger on a Regal build. Now... how am I going to explain this to my wife............

http://blog.warmoth.com/2017/02/22/married-mans-guide-buying-new-guitar-without-lying/

Oh...also...FYI: if you want the new body style right now I believe you will need to custom order, as everything currently in the showcase is still the original design.
They are all Screamin' Deals though, so some good values to be had for those who don't mind the cutaway. Once those are gone, we will flood the showcase with all the new ones we have waiting....

If Buckethead needs to jump ship to a new company - could this herald a new Buckethead sig model?  :headbang5

double A said:
-VB- said:
Logrinn said:

http://blog.warmoth.com/2017/02/22/married-mans-guide-buying-new-guitar-without-lying/

If you buy them part-by-part, they don't notice.  Mwaha.  Mwahahaha.  MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fdesalvo said:
If you buy them part-by-part, they don't notice.  Mwaha.  Mwahahaha.  MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

66_yeah_studentbody.jpg

How very slippery of you, agent DeSalvo...

fdesalvo said:

[youtube]sNmp6bAEQXM[/youtube]

My wife's package radar goes by box size. I got more grief for a $45 drum head than a $300 neck.  (I play a 26" bass drum, the overpack boxes are ginormous)

Back