It's coming tomorrow !!!!

shush

Just heard from UPS and my Warmoth parts will be here tomorrow, I will post pics once they're here  :headbang: Unfortunately though the British customs and excise people have been in touch for the import duty  :( Oh well it'll be worth it once the boxes arrive

Hi,

I too am in the UK and expecting delivery in the next few weeks.

How do customs and excise contact you?

I would prefer it if the wife did not find out the price  :toothy11: and a card through the door whilst I'm at work may be a bit of a giveaway.

For mine they just asked for the money when it was delivered, cost me around £100, which is what I was expecting.

UPS called me when the kit arrived at the nearest depot.  I paid them taxes and duties and on a debit card over the phone.  UPS said they'd sort it with customs.
The stuff was on my desk the next morning.

i went through all this last week, except in melbourne australia.. not the UK. 

>JR< said:

Is there a threshold before you start to get charged, JR?  As yet, I've yet to be charged an import tax for Australia.  I read somewhere 5% tax if the value is over $1,000? Does that sound right?

PitchShifter said:
>JR< said:

Is there a threshold before you start to get charged, JR?  As yet, I've yet to be charged an import tax for Australia.  I read somewhere 5% tax if the value is over $1,000? Does that sound right?

Lucky you :) Here in Norway we have to pay 25% tax if the value is over $40 :sad:

Damn man, ya'lls countries rape ya'll for buying stuff from the US. Wht's up with that ???

Here in the US  we can buy stuff from anywhere in the world and don't have to pay some rediculous customs tax....

DangerousR6 said:
Damn man, ya'lls countries rape ya'll for buying stuff from the US. Wht's up with that ???

Here in the US  we can buy stuff from anywhere in the world and don't have to pay some rediculous customs tax....

here its 22%, but still... its due to the fact that we're importing stuff. Everything that I wanna bring into the netherlands, were I live, and it originated from a non-EU country, I have to pay tax.

Orpheo said:
DangerousR6 said:

here its 22%, but still... its due to the fact that we're importing stuff. Everything that I wanna bring into the netherlands, were I live, and it originated from a non-EU country, I have to pay tax.

What if it's something that say a "family member" sends to you from overseas. Do you still have to pay tax on that to? :icon_scratch:

Here in Norway the government rape us for buying everything. $5 for a pint of beer in the stores, $10-15 if you go to a bar. $10 pr gallon of gasoline even if we have more oil than we could ever use. Sick!

Jommit said:
Here in Norway the government rape us for buying everything. $5 for a pint of beer in the stores, $10-15 if you go to a bar. $10 pr gallon of gasoline even if we have more oil than we could ever use. Sick!
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyuuuum, $10 freaking dollars for a gallon of gas...Geeeees, and I was bitchen about $3.65 a gal...  :sad:

DangerousR6 said:

Not just from the US. There's an import tax on everything from outside the EU, but for everything from inside the EU or from your on country there's a sales tax (VAT, BTW, MWST or whatever) which is slightly lower than the import tax but very often not even that much. And sometimes you get lucky. I didn't have to pay anything on the package you sent me.

spauldingrules said:
Yeah but they only work 2 hours a day, 6 months out of the year!  Lucky Norweigans.
I guess that was a joke, or else you have been fooled by the one who told you that :doh:

DangerousR6 said:
Orpheo said:
DangerousR6 said:

What if it's something that say a "family member" sends to you from overseas. Do you still have to pay tax on that to? :icon_scratch:

familystuff, gift, repair... wont work. You'd have to pay too. especially with UPS. USPS sometimes, if customs really opens the parcell, but UPS has its own customsdepartment, and works a bit different, and with UPS we always have to pay.

about gasoline, thats here 11 dollars/gallon, and 1 pack of sigarettes, is 7 dollars, of which at least 50% is tax.

PitchShifter said:
>JR< said:

id love to help out mate, but im yet to get charged either. i received the guitar neck about a week ago and so far have had nothing. but the neck was only $200. im looking into it and ill let you know if i find out anything.

Joel

Back