It's been a while

Chris of Arabia

You changed the place around a bit I see. I just thought I'd pop my head in as I has a question (see elsewhere for that), but thought I ought to at least say hello...  :glasses10:

I'm fine Doug. I see the neck plate thread is still going strong. My collection is still growing (now 20 items), but I've not done a build in a while - I have something in mind though, hence the question. I spend a lot of my time these days on the SD forum, so I see Orpheo from time to time. Also, one of the guys from there now works as a CNC programmer at Warmoth, so that's a nice little connection between here and there. I'm still in Riyadh, though economy permitting I'd be delighted to get out of the place - 12 years is too long. Other than that, life ticks along as it ever did. What's happening around here, other than the new look?

Chris of Arabia said:
What's happening around here, other than the new look?

Cagey's still singing Kum-ba-yah every chance he gets. Also, he's fallen in love with a TELECASTER, if you can believe it.

Good to hear Chris, yep neck plates are still kicking. Plus Scartozi and I have collaborated on a bridge design of his. A couple people have bought some, pretty cool. Things here for me are good, I lost my long time job of 25yrs.(the closed us down), but I bounced back and got a job making airplane parts, making more money.. Life is good... :headbang1:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18300.0

Good to see you Back chris

Danger, I hope the airplane parts you make are ones that don't cause the plane to crash when your part fails

Alfang said:

Danger, I hope the airplane parts you make are ones that don't cause the plane to crash when your part fails
It's top secret, can't talk about it... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Alfang said:

Turns out modern jets are held together with guitar neck plates  :laughing11:

Rickgrxbass said:
DangerousR6 said:
Alfang said:

C'mon man, don't give away my secret... :doh:

Rickgrxbass said:
DangerousR6 said:
Alfang said:

They're very nicely engraved guitar neck plates though, don't knock 'em... ;)

Chris of Arabia said:
Rickgrxbass said:
DangerousR6 said:
Alfang said:

They're very nicely engraved guitar neck plates though, don't knock 'em... ;)
I engrave camo pattern on an airplanes... :icon_biggrin:

Hi there. I've not actually been over there since Jan 2005. Perhaps it's time to see how things have come on since I was last there.

JCizzle said:
Nice to meet you and hello from neighboring Qatar.  :party07:
Duuuuuuuuuuuude, your in Qatar?  Did you happen to go to the MotoGp race a couple weeks ago?

Go Yamaha... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
JCizzle said:
Duuuuuuuuuuuude, your in Qatar?  Did you happen to go to the MotoGp race a couple weeks ago?

No sure didn't. If I need help falling asleep, I'll be sure to check it out, though.  :laughing7:

JCizzle said:
DangerousR6 said:
JCizzle said:

No sure didn't. If I need help falling asleep, I'll be sure to check it out, though.  :laughing7:
What? oh man MotoGP is the shyt... :party07:

I have to say, some of the most fun I've ever had was on a motorcycle racing school going around Silverstone and Donington Park. Only trouble is, that was 30 years ago - nice memory though...

DangerousR6 said:
JCizzle said:
DangerousR6 said:
JCizzle said:

:laughing7: Joking aside, I have never been to it. Some of the guys here are fanatical about it and go every year. I don't know anything about motorcyles other than they have two wheels.  :icon_scratch:
What? oh man MotoGP is the shyt... :party07:

Back