Is Warmoth owned by SATAN?!?!

stubhead

Master Member
ALWAYS get out the vacuum cleaner BEFORE you open the Warmoth box.....

I am referring, of course, to the Satanic styrofoam "packing popcorn"* that Warmoth loves to load into their boxes at a pressure guaranteed to generate projective hurl as soon as you try to sneak your goodies out...

can you say, STATIC ELECTRICITY?!?

This is supposed to be a time of Holiday CHEER, I'm supposed to be ENJOYING my new padouk/pauferro redneck, by the time I was through waging WAR on the SATANIC PACKING POPCORN, I was so exhausted (me AND the cats) I could barely pass out in the last few bits of styrofoam shrapnel.... whatever happened to NEWSPAPERS and "eco-friendly" and all that happy crap? 

(BTW, fortunately my new redneck is delish, as I was able to ascertain through the wreckage the next morn):

FinitoUno001.jpg

FinitoUno002.jpg

It goes onto this:

FinitoUno004.jpg

There's actually a nice slab of one-piece swamp ash underneath all that, after I finish patching up the crooked holes Dear Ebay Numbnuts drilled to put a full P-bass pickguard on a flamed top (?); and after I cut out a cream amoeba pickguard this shape:

FinitoUno005.jpg

*(I mean no OFFENSE to REAL popcorn by the way, some of my best friends are real... gad can't Warmoth pack the necks in that at least? I'd rather deal with the squeak of real rats eating my package than that hellish "STYRO-SQUEAK!")

(When I die and go to hell, it's going to be made of styrofoam... :evil4: squ-eeeeeeek......)

Ah. Looks like the psycho-foam is designed to do that. I thought the load they sent me had gone bad during shipping or something. I find it hard to decide what's more fun, running after foam chips with a vacuum cleaner or trying to prod the last styro-mash out of a truss rod channel.

Do what I do; ship to work, dump the peanuts all over the floor and let the janitorial staff deal with it

I didn't had ANY problem with static electricity when I got my Tele  :dontknow:

Perhaps because I'm more evil than this things
icon_twisted.gif

"Do what I do; ship to work, dump the peanuts all over the floor and let the janitorial staff deal with it"

you're a mean one, Mr. Jack!  :toothy12:

Brian

stubhead said:
This is supposed to be a time of Holiday CHEER, I'm supposed to be ENJOYING my new padouk/pauferro redneck, by the time I was through waging WAR on the SATANIC PACKING POPCORN, I was so exhausted (me AND the cats) I could barely pass out in the last few bits of styrofoam shrapnel.... whatever happened to NEWSPAPERS and "eco-friendly" and all that happy crap?

Dude, I think you just named my next band: "LA, will you please give a big rock'n'roll welcome to SATANIC PACKING POPCORN!!"  :headbang:

But seriously, I though Warmoth used popcorn made of rice straw, which is quickly biodegradable. To tell, put a kernel in the sink, close the drain, and turn on the tap. If it dissolves, it's rice straw.

Hey, at least you got packing materials. The last 3 or 4 pieces I ordered came commando.  :(
Luckily, there was no damage, but still...

Don't bother with MDVs drain test. Those suckers have the half - life of Plutonium :icon_jokercolor:

Darn... so that won't work - and it sounded like such a sweet excuse for ordering another neck."Look hunnee, there's some purely scientific research thet I just HAVE to do. It's about the environment, you know..." Who could say no to that?

Back