Is this vintage tint?

I think that's just a dark piece of mahogany, the color can vary quite a bit. Vintage tint would be more gold-y

Right on thanks man. May just pay the up charge and specify a darker piece of mahogany on the neck. Found an example of vintage nitro on mahogany and it almost lightens it up...not sure why I didn’t think that.

The example in your link must have sold, because all I'm getting is the Warmoth home page. In any event, this is what the mahogany back on my Mooncaster looks like with a gloss vintage tint finish.
BSAhIC8.jpg

Hope this helps.

Some woods darken more than others, Mahogany being one of them. For example, this is raw Mahogany with a swipe of naphtha (which is water-clear) across it...

IMG_2344_Sm.JPG

Now imagine a finish with ANY kind of tint to it - but especially one with an amber-ish "vintage" tint.

Appreciate it guys. I’m guessing the pics of that particular neck just came out a bit dark. I’ve had several natural mahogany guitars, but like I said, that one is quite a bit darker than anything I’ve come across. I was considering just getting an IRW neck  as I’ve always loved that look combined with a pearl white finish on the body, but the two guitars I’ve owned with IRW necks were a lot brighter than I tend to like...they were both EBMM Petruccis.

Back