is this a genuine fender?

vtpcnk

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160377801645&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

not that i can see anything wrong. but am merely trying to verify its authenticity. appreciate any insights. thanks.

a fender deluxe stratocaster retails at $1600. i think it is their highest priced non-custom shop guitar.

vtpcnk said:
a fender deluxe stratocaster retails at $1600. i think it is their highest priced non-custom shop guitar.

I think those come with a neck, too, with frets and tuners and everything.

pabloman said:
Based on the SN its an 07. It looks legit. The rout would be a little more telling.

I'm suspicious of it being an American made version because of that big hole in the neck pocket. I only see holes like that on MIM bodies. Besides, as has been mentioned, at $700 you're only a stone's throw from a whole new AmStd that has a neck and everything.

Cagey said:
pabloman said:
Based on the SN its an 07. It looks legit. The rout would be a little more telling.

I'm suspicious of it being an American made version because of that big hole in the neck pocket. I only see holes like that on MIM bodies. Besides, as has been mentioned, at $700 you're only a stone's throw from a whole new AmStd that has a neck and everything.

None of the Mexican bodies have the contoured heel.

the extra hole is for the micro tilt. Too pricey, entire used american deluxe strats go for 700 on ebay all the time

Looks legit to me.  If it is a fake, all the details are recreated exactly.  His other sales look legit too, though I didn't skim the details of each item. 

Back2theF, the microtilt is clearly visible, the metal thing between the 2 neck bolts closest to the pickups.  It's the other hole Cagey was referring.  It's no doubt a CNC reference hole, and like him, I'm not familiar with them on American models.

Back