Is the warmoth 59 roundback really based on 59 les paul's neck

I have a les paul copy that happens to have the same measurement.
I have small hands and it actually feels pretty slim to me. Isnt the R9 neck should be thick?
This is the measurement of the warmoth 59 roundback

Attachments

• c-shape-electric-neck-profile.png
    c-shape-electric-neck-profile.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 37
I highly doubt most original 59 Les Paul necks are totally consistent with each other. An R9 is not a 59 but a representation of one. 1960 or R0 necks are slimmer in profile depending on when in 60  compared to a 59.

All of that said I always recommend finding a neck profile that works for you personally rather than it being close to what someone else played or a historical reference.

Yes, the 59 Roundback is based on a 59 Les Paul's neck....keyword being "a". As Stratamania rightly points out, they are not consistent.

I find the thing that works best is to take the measurements of the neck or necks you like the best, and then choose the Warmoth profile closest to those dimensions, regardless of the name.

Seems to me the Warmoth measurements are right in line with those from true LPs form 1959 and that it is the R9s that average on the "maximum" side. Nut width and scale length are also going to have some influence in overall feel.

burstdata3-jpg.119783

If you are interested, I recommend you get that book, beauty and the burst ...

rick2 said:
If you are interested, I recommend you get that book, beauty and the burst ...

For those interested this is its title and author.

The Beauty of the 'Burst: Gibson Sunburst Les Pauls from '58 to '60 by Yasuhiko Iwanade

Back