Is my neck supposed to be like this?

ZackPomerleau

After sanding and FINALLY getting my neck in that tight spot, I got in all the way in, and when I screwed it on, I can see part (around half) of the truss rod screw from the bottom of the neck if I look down from the strap. Is this bad or good?

Pickguard or no pickguard? On my tele deluxe with the total vintage neck, I can't see any of the screw poking out from the 3-ply guard.

are you saying that you can see the truss rod (screw thing where you adjust it from) even with your pickguard on?
like this...

isnt it supposed to be this way?

If it's like Mr line6man's drawn it's correct as a Total Vintage neck... because of the need of take the neck to adjust the truss rod is why I believe it's "dumb" to buy one, as the Warmoth Pro gives the "vintage look" without the pain to adjust... (but it's not vintage correct, I know  :doh:)

does it look like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Fender_Stratocaster_vintage.jpg

Warmoth says to put the neck sliding it vertically, not horizontally because it could chip the paint, if I'm not wrong...

you can see part of the screw on all vintage style fender strats and tele

You lay the body down on the table then push the neck in from the top down towards the table, not in from the side. If the body is finished it will have a lip of paint over the edge into the body pocket. It is always a good idea to sand those inside walls just a bit to avoid catching the lip if you're taking the neck in and out of the pocket. You want the neck snug in the pocket but not extremely tight. If you really put your weight into it to force the neck in the pocket you're flirting with disaster. Paint chips, cracked paint and even cracked wood could be the result.

I did it right, luckily, I touched it up because it looks like the painters tape didn't allow enough tape. But we did sand it down, it was snug.

Back