Is it true?

*screams, cries, throws things* Oops, I threw the keyboard, I might need that to finish my angry rant  :doh: *picks up keyboard and reconnects it*

Dude this seriously sucks. The Mockingbird is the coolest guitar body design... ever!!!
I guess B.C. Rich issued a cease and desist order or something.

I was hoping the Jackson Warrior and Roswell Rhodes body would one day be added to Warmoth's body options one day. It looks like that probably won't ever happen.

For god sakes, the world needs more dangerous pointy heavy metal guitar options :party07:

This whole ordeal has left me angry, frustrated, violent, and a little hungry.

I shall seek revenge on the guitar world by designing the most awesome guitar shape ever. Though I still insist that the Mockingbird was God's gift to guitarists.

Always loved the look of the Mockingbird body shape, but that blah Gibson-esque headstock always killed it for me.

RLW said:
Always loved the look of the Mockingbird body shape, but that blah Gibson-esque headstock always killed it for me.

Would look amazing with a Jackson headstock ( I don't like the original B.C.Rich headstock for Mockinbird)

Will there be a second season?
Who gets the movie rights?
When will the writer's strike end?
Question?

Good, now get the ol' man to program up a carved top Tele, and let the cashflow far exceed that of the "discontinued models".

I vote for curved top Tele... more curved top guitars and Mockinbird to come back, very cool guitar...  :cool01:
Also Jazzmasters with the hollow option!

Kostas said:

Have you looked at a Jazzmaster's routing?  If it was any more hollow it would be like my boss's head!

-CB- said:
Kostas said:

Have you looked at a Jazzmaster's routing?  If it was any more hollow it would be like my boss's head!
If I was building a Jazzmaster, I would make a custom Jazzmaster not a Fender Jazzmaster. I just like the shape, no tremolo or pickguard or a dozen switches.

Totally sucks!!!  I sent an email not so long ago, to find out more information on a Mockingbird idea I had.
Then, I looked on the site and saw no Mockingbird.
I wanted to do a Gold Top version -- Mahogany body with Mahogany 24 3/4 neck.  Gold Top Gold on the top and top bevels, clear on the back and sides.  Two P90s.  Recessed tune-o-matic bridge.  Three-way toggle on the top cutaway.  Four Gibson style knobs.

jule7625 said:
Totally sucks!!!  I sent an email not so long ago, to find out more information on a Mockingbird idea I had.
Then, I looked on the site and saw no Mockingbird.
I wanted to do a Gold Top version -- Mahogany body with Mahogany 24 3/4 neck.  Gold Top Gold on the top and top bevels, clear on the back and sides.  Two P90s.  Recessed tune-o-matic bridge.  Three-way toggle on the top cutaway.  Four Gibson style knobs.

I feel your pain.  I had an idea for a Warlock that I would have liked to have seen, but oh well...  Guess it'll have to wait

Here's the real question.
Why were these body models discontinued?  Must have been due to copyright/licensing issues, I suspect... or some dumbsh*t deleted the file from the computer... :doh:
I suppose if one didn't feel comfortable crafting the body himself, he could buy the plans from www.guitarplansunlimited.com or www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com and send them to Warmoth for a "custom" body build.

a custom body shape will cost you a lot more from W. They have to program the CNC router.....lot's-o-cash, and they cant do one-off's of copyrighted/trademarked stuff...so as i said, if you're planning a BC Rich build.....order up a routed body blank like i did and carve it out yourself. if you dont have the tools to do it yourself you might find a woodshop near you that charges for the tools by the hour like the one near me....    http://www.sawdustshop.com/ these guys are in the SF bay area if you are close. i hadnt touched power tools in 25 years and dint have much experience with them when i did...not too hard to learn

Brian

Attachments

• roughcutfront.jpg
    roughcutfront.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 393
Back