Is it me, or is the site realllllllllyyy Slow?

ZGOZZ said:
Is it me, or is the site realllllllllyyy Slow? :doh:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22288.0
No it's NOT you.

YES it's BLOODY SLOW 
smiley-angry003.gif

My old 9600 baud modem could load pages with pictures faster than this.
17 minutes from front page until this one loaded to where I could type in the comment box.
No telling how long to submit...

It's awful. I don't care if they're working on it, using up CPU cycles or drive access on the server while they do - they're not working on it 24/7. Something is seriously wrong.

Strumming my pain with her fingers
Singing my life with her words
Killing me slowly with this site
Telling my whole life with her words

We'd lose the ability to search the archives, which would be a shame - but we do have the option of just setting something up ourselves. Then it really would be "unofficial", which this site really isn't. We'd just need a few volunteers to do moderation and admin (preferably US, Europe and AUS/NZ so that there's always someone awake), and--to start with--a fairly trivial amount of money for hosting. There's no way it would be as slow as this. If we all (or a critical mass) agreed to go, we could do it. If only a few of us do, there's no point even bothering.

One possibility would be some gradual-yet-valient attempts at some archiving of material and links. With the goal of separating the boring, merely-helpful material from the more... inspired flights.

Back