Infernal Soloist

Lumberjack

Hey guys!

Time to post some pictures of my first Warmoth build :D Here are the specifications:

*Body*

Type:                        Soloist
Body:                        Maple, Solid
Top:                          Quilt Maple
Top Bidning:              Natural Masked Binding
Top Finish:                Fireburst
Back Finish:              Black Gloss
Extras:                      720 Mod, Contoured Heel

*Neck*

Type:                        Warmoth Pro Warhead
Neck:                        Pau Ferro
Fretboard:                Macassar Ebony
Shape:                      Standard Thin
Radius:                    10"-16" Compound Radius
Scale:                      25-1/2"
Nut Width:                1-11/16"
Inlays:                      No Fretboard Inlays / Abalone Sidedots
Frets:                      22 Frets / SS6100 Fretwire
Locking Nut:            R3 Floyd Rose
Extras:                    Fully Scalloped Neck

*Electronic Components*

Pickups:                  Seymour Duncan's / SSL-1 in Neck and Middle Positions (no RWRP),
                              Screamin Demon in Bridge Position
Potentiometers:        Volume (500k) (Treble Bleed Mod), Tone (500k) (Push-Push Adds Neck Pickup),
                              Dial-A-Tap (500k) (Gradual Humbucker Split)
Switch:                    5-way Switch
Schematic:              Rothstein Guitars (http://www.guitar-mod.com/rg_dialatap_11.html)

*Mechanical Components*

Tremolo:                  Recessed Original Floyd Rose in Black
Tuners:                    Schaller Mini Locking Tuners in Black

And last, but not least, the pictures! The lighting wasn't optimal as you can see in the pictures and I used my Samsung Galaxy S4 Cam, so don't expect immaculacy :D

Link to the complete imgur album, with a few extra pictures: http://imgur.com/a/hbast

rW8dAUc.jpg

hs8V7W2.jpg

3G0MhI1.jpg

FCx8Lul.jpg

JvxA2jm.jpg

TqFHTf9.jpg

** Is there an HTML Code that automatically resizes picutres to a desired format? Right now, the pictures are way too big, it's best to use the imgur album link and click on each picture to get a reasonable zoom. Edit: Thanks stratamania, I just resized them!

Looks great. I like the scalloped neck without the inlays.

No HTML to resize images that I am aware of in the forum code so you would need to do it in an editor or online resizing service.

stratamania said:
Looks great. I like the scalloped neck without the inlays.

No HTML to resize images that I am aware of in the forum code so you would need to do it in an editor or online resizing service.

Thanks for the HTML advice! I went on and resized them.

And yes, I like the neck, too! I would've chosen Abalone Dots, but Warmoth had no fretboard inlay options for scalloped necks. Doesn't bother me too much, I dig it the way it is, anyway. I've never even played a scalloped neck before, let alone owned one myself, so it was a total hit or miss situation for me, and I must admit that now I'm a believer in scalloped necks! Much nicer and faster feeling, no more wood beneath the fingers, just strings and fret metal. I've read that scalloped necks slow you down a bit, but I find that to be untrue. What it does is it certainly forces you to play much lighter, thus faster, once you get used to it! It took me but a day to make the transition :) It's hard going back to "normal" necks.

Yes, I am partial to scalloped necks, I have two scalloped Strats but my Warmoth has a non scalloped ebony board.

My next Warmoth may well be scalloped. Still you never know with all the choices that may take my eye.

That body finish is so hot it roasted the neck.  Love the Original Floyd. :kewlpics:

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!  :icon_biggrin: I like this forum a lot, very knowledgeable and pleasant people here! I want to thank all those that helped me choose the right parts, wood combinations etc., especially cagey. He answered each and every question I had! Thanks, man! :)

Back