Inca Silver Tele

MattF

It wasn't my original plan, but I ended up getting a replacement body for my 2 year old MIM tele. Long story short...I had planned to strip and stain my Olympic white tele body, but it did not turn out as I had hoped. Just like some people have a face for radio, my tele had the wood made for enamel. I might use that old body for a relic partscaster someday.

I saw my all time favorite color (Inca Silver) in stock at Warmoth and jumped on it. I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish. It was already prepped for a vintage bridge so i used this as an opportunity to replace the bridge. Since I was doing that, I might as well replace the MIM pickups, right? I installed some custom shop texas specials. This thing might just be my number one child now (over my American Strat).

This pic was a day or two before I finished the swap (I had to order a screw in jack input, so it painfully sat there for a couple days). It's done now and she looks and sounds amazing, even if she is a taco tele.  :laughing7:

1D1NDz0.jpg

Thats's sharp! Do we get a pic of the finished product? I've got 3 Mexican Teles, I'll take them over an American Standard every time...

I quite like that color. I can imagine it's that kind of color that's hard to capture on camera but looks pretty cool when seeing it.

Looks beautiful! I love Inca Silver...

And what a great opportunity to do a "[quasi] total make-over."  :)

Pretty sharp! I've wondered for a while what that color would look like built up.

Bagman67 said:
Excellent specimen of the genus Telecasterus, species Badassus.

Ha!  Nice.

I couldn't agree more, myself.  Except a species following a genus should be started with a lower-case letter.  ;)

Back