In news that will surprise no one, Gibson has financial woes

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
AirCap said:
I'm guessing that's a tremolo tailpiece -I've never seen that particular one before. Anyone know what it is?

Yes - it's the one year only side to side vibrato that Gibson offered on the what was then called a Les Paul. This is the guitar that made Les Paul pull his permission to use his name from Gibson.

In case anyone is wondering, that is the fantastic Sister Rosetta Tharpe - one of first female rock stars of the early 60's. She played blues and gospel flavored rock and roll with an unforgettable style and fervor. Check some of her vids out on YT. She'll make you an instant fan.

She was ahead of her time, as a woman, and as a black person, but a black woman!  She didn't get on a political platform either, she said it all in her songs and in her playing.

Anyone who hasn't done it yet should read the article at Roling Stone on how well justified her 2017 induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame is. And take note of when she was doing what she did. I couldn't believe I had never heard of her before.

Didn’t anybody tell him what year it is? You aren’t supposed to be accountable, work hard and enjoy success anymore. You’re supposed to sabotage yourself and fail and blame everybody but yourself. Loudly. Duh!

Seriously though, good read. Way to be, Big “F”.

More specifically, you're supposed to blame Millenials.  It's all our fault.

I wonder if Henry knows that the youngest Millenials are in their early-to-mid 20s these days.  All the high school kids are Gen Z.

Back