Impulse Buy: New to Me G4 Bass

Cactus Jack

I do not play bass, at all. However, I made an impulse buy. I'm not sure if this is the right forum since I bought it used, but thought I share some pics and first impressions.

First impression, I'm in love :) . The quilt is very nice and has excellent depth and movement. The back is a candy orange and is seemlessly blended into quilt with an expert touch. The neck is Canary, which to me feels like Roasted Maple, and the fretboard is Ebony. I believe the frets are stainless, and the neck profile feels like the 59 Roundback to me. Can't wait to burnish that sucker. I can't tell you anything about the electronics, but it sounds awesome. Overall the quality is very impressive.

Also, while this was on the way I bought a Fender Rumble 500 amp off my local CL. I plugged the bass in, cranked the amp, hit an open E, and promptly called my dentist to reseat my fillings. OMG, this amp is seriously loud. My windows literally shook! It was quite the experience, but definitly the last time I try that little trick!

Off to youtube to learn a few licks!

unio0hRl.jpg

txMvZeul.jpg

VWP3Wyrl.jpg

CKzAI6Bl.jpg

Nice Bass. If it's you that plays the piano in the background, you shouldn't have too much trouble learning to play bass.

Sweet bass, my favorite shape, been wanting a G4 for a long time..

Been wanting to build this one for a long time...

Back