I'm going to NAMM

hannaugh

Master Member
I wish Warmoth was gonna be at NAMM, cause I'm going.  It's going to be so cool though!

NAMM : me
as
Disney World : 5 year old

I got a good buddy that goes every year, and he'll be there too, EVH may show off the new Wolfgang

hannaugh said:
I wish Warmoth was gonna be at NAMM, cause I'm going.  It's going to be so cool though!

NAMM : me
as
Disney World : 5 year old
Exactly, NAMM is the Disney World for us. I wish I could visit just once. Is it hard to get a ticket? I don't remember but I think I read that about last years NAMM.

Yea, I've never heard of NAMM being open to the public.  Since it's the National Association of Music Merchants it's generally only open to manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.  Artists show up because of endorsements with various manufacturers and naturally the press is allowed in to report on everything.  I've wondered why Metal Sanaz is pushing NAMM attendance on MySpace when it's not really open to the public - I guess Dean Guitars is having her at their booth.

I worked at a guitar store for about a year and the owner went to two NAMM shows in that time.  He'd always take one of the instructors or store employees but I never got the chance to go.  I think that is the only way you can go.

Yeah, the only reason I'm going is because I am doing some work for Don Lace and his fiance.  She mentioned NAMM, which takes place about 8 miles from my house, and I mentioned that I would kill to go.  She asked Don if he could get me a badge and he said he would.  So I totally lucked out.  Chance of a lifetime.  It's going to be really cool. 

I have been looking for a really strong case to be the home for my new Warmoth LP (in production), so that will be a great opportunity to compare products up close rather than just reading about them.

hannaugh said:
Yeah, the only reason I'm going is because I am doing some work for Don Lace and his fiance.  She mentioned NAMM, which takes place about 8 miles from my house, and I mentioned that I would kill to go.  She asked Don if he could get me a badge and he said he would.  So I totally lucked out.  Chance of a lifetime.  It's going to be really cool. 

I have been looking for a really strong case to be the home for my new Warmoth LP (in production), so that will be a great opportunity to compare products up close rather than just reading about them.

I was really hoping that story was gonna end with " Really? you'd kill to go?  and then you knocked off Don

hannaugh said:

If you're looking for a strong case, these are the best:

http://www.caltoncases.com/frame_home.htm

Not cheap, but nothing else really compares.  My mom has one for her ODE banjo (don't laugh now boys - she's a good bluegrass player) and the airlines have yet to kill it.

I'm going to get a couple for my teles once I figure out what neck profile works best for me.

Haha, great imagination Alfang. 

Yeah, I've heard some great things about Calzone cases too.  I don't think I can afford $400 for a case though.  I'm going to try to find something that is strong, but a little closer to my price range. 

But if I had the cash, I would definitely invest in some solid steel triple-locking case that requires a thumb print scan to open and shoots lazers at would-be thieves. 

hannaugh said:
Yeah, I've heard some great things about Calzone cases too.  I don't think I can afford $400 for a case though.  I'm going to try to find something that is strong, but a little closer to my price range. 

errum - I was actually talking about Calton cases.  And they are more like $800.  But the claim to fame is that they are custom fitted to each instrument and are completely indestructible.  Check out the dobro that survived the tourbus fire:

pm_bus.jpg

pm_closed.jpg

pm_open.jpg

Yea, the case was originally white  :eek:

Wow now thats an impressive case!

I like SKB for the price. I bought one for my Tele and its pretty solid.

Back