I'm full of questions!

rounce55

Ok so say I have two 100% warmoth guitars, one LP and one SG. And I decide I want the SG neck on the LP, are the necks interchangeable?

Because they have a differently shaped heel.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can put a Tele neck on a Strat body (or vice versa), but there will be a small gap showing (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).  I know the old Warmoth site explained this in detail (I haven't searched the new site for this info).

Also, Mustang necks are 24" scale, so they won't match up unless you move the bridge.

You CAN put a strat neck on a tele body- If there are 21 frets, there will be gaps showing, if there are 22 or more frets the gaps will not show. I'm pretty sure it's the same the other way around.

the tele neck wont go into the strat pocket and intonate properly.  All of warmoths necks and bodies except for the tele neck and body have a strat heel and neck pocket. The tele obviously has the tele heel and pocket.

A slight precaution though not a vital issue is to see if your LP has an angled neck pocket being a carved top and your SG has a flat pocket.  The mounting screw holes may have to redrilled for depth and alignment.

Unwound G said:
A slight precaution though not a vital issue is to see if your LP has an angled neck pocket being a carved top and your SG has a flat pocket.  The mounting screw holes may have to redrilled for depth and alignment.

Nope, the necks are 100% the same whether they're in an angled pocket or not.  The mounting screws always go in perpendicular to the neck.

I believe an SG with TOM still has an angled pocket anyway.

One caveat - there are several different "neck screw" brands out there, and it's a good idea to keep the same screws with each neck. This is one of a number of reasons I wouldn't buy a pre-screwed neck off of Ebay - if the neck had fat screws with a certain thread pitch in it and you have skinny screws, well.... in theory they're all #8 X 1.75" (except the metric ones) but I've seen at least three different ones.

Back