If you could add any Body/Neck Option(s) to Warmoth's selection..

Maybe a bit more realistic than some of the other suggestions, how about the Fender TC-90. It's essentially a symmetrical double cut Tele, so should be easy to extrapolate the shape from the existing Tele bodies, and not beyond the bounds of possibility that Warmoth would be able to license it from Fender if that was an issue.

<Warning thread hijack..>

If you could add one body/neck option to Warmoth's selection that is based on a UW forum member/build, what would it be?  (ie.  A UW 'signature' option..)  Examples: Line6man signature exotic woods combination fretless bass neck, a 'Burn Unit' signature headstock, etc....)

Scuffcakes said:
Guild S-300
_B0Z6438_800.jpg

Ha!  I have one.  It's awesome.

-Mark

I'd like to see a right-hand reverse option for the Jazzmaster and a raised center section for the Telecaster a la the F-bird option.

1. Jaguar with Strat-type top routs, a single piece pickguard and Wilkinson bridge rout.
2. Top routed Soloist bodies with pickguards.
3. Starcaster

Definitely +1 to the vote for adding the six-string version of Warmoth's standard seven-string body.  That's a sexy shape.

More jaguar pup/pg options. Conversion necks for jag/mustang bodies. A full scale jag with hidden pickups would be amazing. Also, more bridge routes. 12 string jags are the best. I think there's a reason we don't see a lot of jags here, the options are more limited than the seven strings. Most who come to warmoth aren't making vintage reproductions.

Altar said:
... I think there's a reason we don't see a lot of jags here, the options are more limited than the seven strings. Most who come to warmoth aren't making vintage reproductions.

Exactly. I think it's such a great shape, but so limited in the options available. I'm thinking that an SSS version with a Wilkinson would be the ultimate shape for a surf guitar. Sonic blue, turtleshell pickguard, Afra/Afra neck with Abalone dots and chrome everywhere. I'd be all over it if W offered those options.

Wyliee said:
<Warning thread hijack..>

If you could add one body/neck option to Warmoth's selection that is based on a UW forum member/build, what would it be?  (ie.  A UW 'signature' option..)  Examples: Line6man signature exotic woods combination fretless bass neck, a 'Burn Unit' signature headstock, etc....)
I can't remember who did it, but someone here had a Tele body routed for a Strat pickguard. Finished with blue dye, as I recall. I think that's the only user build I've seen which was special enough to stand out without being so special that I'd feel weird for ordering a duplicate.

If I could add something... I've always wanted to build a Razorback V style guitar. Also, I want the Firebird style back so I can make one with a 1969 Pontiac TransAm color scheme.

Copyright infringement aside, maybe the ability to sub a blade switch for a toggle. Though that is just personal preference.

Starcaster!  Sorry, someone had to say it.  A Coronado shape and some of those wacky Mosrite shapes would be fun too.  And of course, Rickenbacker, but we know that's never going to happen. 

Altar said:
More jaguar pup/pg options. Conversion necks for jag/mustang bodies. A full scale jag with hidden pickups would be amazing. Also, more bridge routes. 12 string jags are the best. I think there's a reason we don't see a lot of jags here, the options are more limited than the seven strings. Most who come to warmoth aren't making vintage reproductions.

Definitely. I love the Jaguar shape but find the controls a little backwards and overly complicated for my needs. I'd love to make a Warmoth version, but my options are seriously limited.

Actually, forget everything else I've said. A 35" scale conversion neck for 4 string and standard 5 string basses would be awesome.

Between the snazzy duct-tape finish and the bottle opener, I think this is Warmoth's wave of the future:

DSC00141.jpg

Back