If this one doesn't divide opinion...

Cagey said:
Sweet!

I'm curious about that neck pickup routing. Pretty unusual.

Look closer... It was a showcase body, already routed for a tele pup, rerouted for a minibucker, as far as I can tell.

Altar said:
Cagey said:
Sweet!

I'm curious about that neck pickup routing. Pretty unusual.

Look closer... It was a showcase body, already routed for a tele pup, rerouted for a minibucker, as far as I can tell.

It does look unusual but Altar's spot on. The pickups I have aren't unusual enough to require a weird rout. But now you got me thinking...

SlartiBartfast said:
... and THAT'S coming from a raw neck/no inlay believer  :laughing7:

I'm a believer too really (Ddbltrbl's maccassar ebony neck on that Musiclander for instance - just... WOW). I have a wenge/ebony neck here which feels great, unfortunately it's the wrong size and shape so will be moving on soon. (Could be a bargain for a fellow UK/Euro forum-ite.) Next project is slated for a raw neck for sure. No inlays? Hmm, maybe.

WOWZA  :eek:  .......... I just fell in love with this guitar  :icon_thumright:

I want !!  :toothy10:

Jumble Jumble said:
Fantastic guitar, unique look. What bridge is that?

Thanks! It's from Mighty Mite - unbranded but appears to be identical to the Korean made (Sung-Il?) Wilkinson bridge (apart from being available in nickel).

I was a bit skeptical when I saw these natural-bound solid color bodies appear in the showcase but, from your pics, yours is quite something. And I love the fact that you went full-on with the neck. This is going to be a gorgeous intrument.

croquet hoop said:
I was a bit skeptical when I saw these natural-bound solid color bodies appear in the showcase but, from your pics, yours is quite something. And I love the fact that you went full-on with the neck. This is going to be a gorgeous intrument.

Oh no, no, no, no. The solid colors with the natural binding kick ass!!

435319383848e2fa1658b.jpg

MULLY

mullyman said:
croquet hoop said:

MULLY

This one really looks great too, especially with the pickguard (is that vintage pearl from Warmoth?) and the color pattern (binding + pickguard/body + pickup covers & knobs).

croquet hoop said:
mullyman said:
croquet hoop said:

MULLY

This one really looks great too, especially with the pickguard (is that vintage pearl from Warmoth?) and the color pattern (binding + pickguard/body + pickup covers & knobs).

Yeah, the body is Alpine white with the vintage pearl scratch plate from Warmoth. I too thought the white vs tan was a good mixup. There was a slight instant where I was thinking vintage white knobs/covers to match the scratch plate but then thought better of it.
MULLY

And before I get accused of hijacking the thread, I never imagined that blue would work with natural binding, but it looks ultra delish. I may even go that route if I get a Tele. I never thought I'd like a painted neck either that but looks awesome. Can't wait to see her finished.
MULLY

I've seen those cream Pearloid pickguards and wondered what in the world they might possibly go with. Now I know. Nice.

Wow, I love this guitar! Really nice. The binding works for me with the solid color, and I love the look of the solid color neck! :cool01:
Everyone knows I'm a serious fan of raw necks (I like the dry slick feel), but no division here, this is a fine looking Tele Fat Pete!! It makes me think of a 50's Corvette, retro and sexy! :eek:ccasion14:
:guitarplayer2:

Thanks again for the kind comments folks. That Strat of yours, Mully, was one the ones fuelling my GAS. My bank account says thanks!

Ddbltrbl has nailed the vibe I'm after here - I'm stuck in a strange retro world...

This is a cab I made:

DSCF0047s.jpg

Back