Iceland volcanoes have me stuck in Cambridge for who knows how long

tfarny

Master Member
Hi guys, I'm stuck in Cambridge England for at least a couple more days due to the volcano issue. How crazy is that. Any suggestions for local music spots? I know there a bunch of Brits on here. Great country by the way, I'm having a blast.  :icon_thumright:

If you can make it to Bury St Edmunds (about 30 miles away) there is a Pub in town centre called the Grapes.  They usually have good bands on the weekend.

I know that its a bit of a way but go to Denmark street in London if you have the time.

The whole place is amazing, I highly recommend it  :icon_biggrin:

I`m stuck in Spain at my mothers house. I should be flying home to Norway today but the flight is cancelled because of the volcano ash. Not so bad actually :icon_thumright:

Hey, I'm still here! Great time to be in Cambridge, it's been beautiful weather and some local folks who organized the conference have been really helpful. Somebody does need to tell you people that a variety of foods are acceptable for breakfast though!  I've had the same exact breakfast eight days in a row, in three different lodgings in two cities. Will go to London tomorrow (near Paddington)  and if my flight is cancelled for the third time, I'll def be checking out some guitar shops and music.

Sounds like you're having a great old time!  Have you visited every pub yet?  Bought a guitar?

Has anyone seen the pics of the volcano erupting and throwing lightning bolts? It looks awesome!

Kublai said:
Has anyone seen the pics of the volcano erupting and throwing lightning bolts? It looks awesome!

i'm glad you said something! now THIS is a cool picture. if i could get my guitar in front of this i'd have GOTM in the bag for sure

lightenin-carlos-gutierrez.jpg

Still here, still having a blast. Maybe going home on Wed. One of my friends flying back to Taiwan was not able to get anything till May 8 though. Only problem is that the internet allows you to work from anywhere to some extent, so I'm not able to 100% vacation. Still if my current flight gets canceled I'm going to Bath with a friend. Another friend just went off to Paris.
No guitars yet, but lots of other good stuff to see and do. British Museum has to be the coolest museum I've ever seen.

Cambridge huh?    is it a town named after a bridge named Cam, or is their a ridge named after Camb, those silly Brits

Here (The Netherlands) they've recommenced flying. First commercial flights were yesterday evening, starting with intercontinental routes like New York and Dubai. All should be back to normal pretty soon I think.

Planes have being going to and from the northern Swedish airports for a few days now - not sure where to, as everywhere else is shut down...

I work for a chain where all glasses and contacts are sent out from central storage in England. Delivery has been a bit slow a while now :p

Hey Tfarny.  If you get to London, give me a shout.  I'll come and meet you for a beer.

If you;re stuck in Cambridge, you have to go punting on the river.  Especially if the weather stays like this.  it'll be lovely.

Bath is beautiful.

There is talk of another ash cloud coming over from Iceland which may shut down the airports again (not that many of them have opened yet anyway).

I am stuck with my In-Laws!!!
they were supposed to fly back to Holland on Sunday, but they're still here!!!!  :sad1:

Marko said:
I am stuck with my In-Laws!!!
they were supposed to fly back to Holland on Sunday, but they're still here!!!!  :sad1:

oooooo - sucks to be you my friend ...

Back