I think my neck is warped, need help.

ZGOZZ

I have a bow in the neck. The trust rods is not tighten at all. I have the strait edge from Stewart Mac and its bowed. Any Ideas if this can be fixed or do I have a bum neck?

ZGOZZ said:
Orpheo said:
bowed in what direction?

Go out c scape.

double-action-truss-rod-adj.jpg

suppose its not a trussrod, but just the neck; is it like #2 or #3?

RobR said:
Call Warmoth
I did they said install the neck and see if it helps, I think the neck is warped, and when I had it installed the side adjustment nut, broke, and I barley touched it, really not happy.

ZGOZZ said:
RobR said:
Call Warmoth
I did they said install the neck and see if it helps, I think the neck is warped, and when I had it installed the side adjustment nut, broke, and I barley touched it, really not happy.

Look at the pictures above, WHICH WAY is it bowed?????

ZGOZZ said:
RobR said:
Call Warmoth

Did you have the neck under full string tension when you were tweaking the side adjuster?  According to the instructions, you need to loosen the strings.

Wyliee said:
ZGOZZ said:
RobR said:
Call Warmoth

Did you have the neck under full string tension when you were tweaking the side adjuster?  According to the instructions, you need to loosen the strings.

ZGOZZ,  just call Rob at Warmoth unless this neck is not under warranty.

jackthehack said:
ZGOZZ said:
RobR said:
Call Warmoth

Look at the pictures above, WHICH WAY is it bowed?????
If you look at number 3 the neck looks like number 3 with no tension on the nut.
When applying Just a a half a turn it does not straiten but get more curved.

Wyliee said:
ZGOZZ said:
RobR said:
Call Warmoth

No I was following how to set everything back to square one the nut broke the first time I touched it. Not happy about that.

Gregg said:
Wyliee said:
ZGOZZ said:
RobR said:
Call Warmoth

ZGOZZ,  just call Rob at Warmoth unless this neck is not under warranty.

I did rob wants me to reinstall the neck, to see what happens. But from what I was told the neck is warped,

My Neck is not right this sucks.
Got to cal them I will not straiten out and there is IMO a wave. Maybe just got a bum neck this sucks...

Well, if there is a problem with the neck, you'd better send it back to Warmoth inspect it again  :dontknow:

NonsenseTele said:
Well, if there is a problem with the neck, you'd better send it back to Warmoth inspect it again  :dontknow:

Looks like I have no choice. First time never had an issue not getting the neck strait.

ZGOZZ said:
NonsenseTele said:

Looks like I have no choice. First time never had an issue not getting the neck strait.

If Rob wants you to put the neck on he must want you to recheck it after there is string tension on the neck. I would follow that advice.

Gregg said:
ZGOZZ said:
NonsenseTele said:

If Rob wants you to put the neck on he must want you to recheck it after there is string tension on the neck. I would follow that advice.

Gregg, I can understand the sentiment of not wanting to mount the neck. its like 'gosh, this neck is already twisted, if I put it on, it might not be returnable, at all!'. I think its somewhere along that line.

relief just got worst. Plus on top of that the paint work was not done and I have do remove the paint and start all over again :sad1:.
LOL love when a project goes together so well. LOL :icon_thumright:

Orpheo said:
Gregg said:
ZGOZZ said:
NonsenseTele said:

Gregg, I can understand the sentiment of not wanting to mount the neck. its like 'gosh, this neck is already twisted, if I put it on, it might not be returnable, at all!'. I think its somewhere along that line.

Once a neck (or body) has been altered in any way (finished, drilled.....) it makes it non-returnable per the 10 day satisfaction guarantee, however, if there is a functional defect, that is a manufacturers warranty situation. If the neck is back bowed slightly (little or no relief without truss rod tension) or if there is a small anomaly before the neck is installed getting the neck under string tension can often correct this.

Back