I really want an SG that looks like this

hannaugh

Master Member
Would an SG with a top and finish like this not be freakin badass?  It looks like smoke!  An SG with that would be a smoky, swaggering, sexy rock beast. 

It looks great on the LP too.  I almost went with that type of thing on my LP.  But I think it would look even better with horns.  :evil4:

lpcp196a.jpg

Pffft.  That goes without saying.  If I ever build it, it will be my "insane shredding" guitar.  So yes, a Floyd would be neccessary.

why floyd? why not a kahler? kahlers ar far superior to floyds, in every aspect, in my opinion.

GoDrex said:
Orpheo said:
why floyd? why not a kahler? kahlers ar far superior to floyds, in every aspect, in my opinion.

Why is it that hardly anyone uses them?

they cost a lot. really, a lot. almost double the price of a floyd. and its not 'easy' to retrofit a guitar with a kahler, whilst putting a floyd in a guitar is easier. most guitars which get a floyd already have a stratstyle trem...and kahlers haven't been around for 10 years, they're just 'coming back'. and because many people dont know about kahler, or dont know how to work them, and because there's no kaher licenced trem, like floyd rose has (until recently, kahler now has the xtrem, which is an OEM produkt I believe), people aren't used to those things, but now you see them more and more. hell, gibson released only has ONE guitar with floyd last 2 years, compared with already 2 or 3 with kahlers.

Orpheo said:
GoDrex said:

they cost a lot. really, a lot. almost double the price of a floyd. and its not 'easy' to retrofit a guitar with a kahler, whilst putting a floyd in a guitar is easier. most guitars which get a floyd already have a stratstyle trem...and kahlers haven't been around for 10 years, they're just 'coming back'. and because many people dont know about kahler, or dont know how to work them, and because there's no kaher licenced trem, like floyd rose has (until recently, kahler now has the xtrem, which is an OEM produkt I believe), people aren't used to those things, but now you see them more and more.

And because they're fugly too :laughing7:

If I'm not wrong, Gregg and some others guys told it feels like shaking a dead hand :tard:

NonsenseTele said:
Orpheo said:
GoDrex said:

they cost a lot. really, a lot. almost double the price of a floyd. and its not 'easy' to retrofit a guitar with a kahler, whilst putting a floyd in a guitar is easier. most guitars which get a floyd already have a stratstyle trem...and kahlers haven't been around for 10 years, they're just 'coming back'. and because many people dont know about kahler, or dont know how to work them, and because there's no kaher licenced trem, like floyd rose has (until recently, kahler now has the xtrem, which is an OEM produkt I believe), people aren't used to those things, but now you see them more and more.

And because they're fugly too :laughing7:

If I'm not wrong, Gregg and some others guys told it feels like shaking a dead hand :tard:

shaking a dead hand? its a smooth unit, but not whobbly or something. its actually, kind of tight.

this kind of stories, hearsay, are also a major reason why you don't see them a lot.

NonsenseTele said:
And because they're fugly too

Well... nowhere near as ugly as a FR. That's the ugliest thing anyone can put on a guitar - apart from a vomit-coloured, sorry tortoise-coloured pickguard of course.

kboman said:
NonsenseTele said:
And because they're fugly too

Well... nowhere near as ugly as a FR. That's the ugliest thing anyone can put on a guitar - apart from a vomit-coloured, sorry tortoise-coloured pickguard of course.

FR looks nice, Kahler looks old fashioned...

Back