I need sHUMMe help please....

Cyber4499

Hello:

I have a Warmoth semi-Acoustic vintage Telecaster body with a Stratocaster neck.
So I put my guitar almost together no problems with the drilling thanks to you guys, no problems with tuning or the neck. I had a little confusion with the wiring diagram but understood the connections and soldering. At least that was what I thought until I plugged it in.
Through an amp I cannot hear my guitar but only a distortion/hum sound. I've rechecked my connections and my diagram but I cannot locate the problem. I need some help, if you experts would be so kind to show me my mistake(s).

NOTE: There is no adhesive copper foil in the cavity.

Diagram:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=tele_2stacks_pushpull

Not to be a bitch, so don't be put off, but...

The diagram you show is a tried, tested and true diagram from SD that many have used to good effect, so we're not going to find what you did wrong by looking at that. It's correct.

What we'd need is some detailed pictures from several angles of what you've actually done, which is almost certainly different or it would work. See if you can find a camera with a macro lens, as long as you're at it. Indoor cellphone pics rarely reveal anything other than the fact that you have a cellphone with a camera. If that's all you have, be sure to use some strong lighting. The amount of noise in cellphone pics in ambient light is usually too high to see any detail.

And just for fun, because it's quick and easy, try switching the connections at your jack.  What you're describing might be symptomatic of the hot and ground being reversed.

+1 to it most likely being the jack.

I had a similar issue when one of the wires cut loose from the jack.

Thank you I will try switching the jack connections.
Cagey I understand you need pictures and I have them. I tried to upload them with my post but they failed. Give me a little bit of time and I will try again.

Then put it back the way it was. Something else is wrong, and you don't want to stack up anomalies.

Tele wiring is pretty straightforward. Pictures of what you've done might be helpful. It may be something quite obvious to fresh eyes that you're not seeing because you've looked at it too many times.

From my experience it's one of three things, either the wiring on the jacks is reversed or the volume pot is dead or the pickup wires were mixed up. After years of dealing with stuff like that I wired everything up outside the guitar and make sure it works before installing it all. Much easier to do with a strat pickguard of course  :icon_thumright:

ಠ_ಠ said:
McGuyver said:
Cagey really knows his stuff guys.  He buys Gibson Melody Makers.

:(

Don't mind him, I've been in enough forums to recognize which useless posters to ignite. Well, ipad autocorrected ignore to ignite...I'm with that

Back