I need a singal coil that sounds like an acoustic

Disco Scottie

Does such a beast exist? Our at least something close to it? They're going in a hardtail, so no piezo option here.

Hard to say ... Do you have an idea or example of what you're looking for?

I would say - no, no such single coil exist.
BUT, you will get great acoustic sound with this:

ac_2_top_main.jpg

Lipsticks, when clean, have a quasi-acoustic quality. Not exactly, but for certain purposes it might suffice.

They make piezo saddles for hard tails.
And after over a decade of doing acoustic on electric, the biggest factor is a proper IR. Whether you run that in a processor, post signal, or EQed is up to you.

Bartolini 3AV.

https://bartolini.net/product/3av/

You can dismount it from the soundhole bracket, cut off the plug and wire it up with any other pickups.  It's the exact same size as a Strat pickup and will fit in a Strat pickguard.  The only caveat is that it is designed to work with acoustic guitar strings, so that means a wound G.  Not a huge difference, but you may notice some volume difference if you're using electric strings with a plain G.

What kind of hardtail?

As previously mentioned there are lots of piezo systems available for hardtails such as from Fishman and Graphtech.

Logrinn said:

ac_2_top_main.jpg

This really makes me wonder what exactly is in that little box...

I don’t know if it’s some of Roland’s or Boss’s Cosm technology, but plugging an electric guitar in that effect will create an acoustic guitar sound that sounds - imo - better than an acoustic guitar equipped with piezo’s.
Let’s face it, a piezo mic system is a compromise and doesn’t sound that great. If you want good sound from an acoustic you put a condensor mic or two in front of it. 

Mayfly said:
Logrinn said:

ac_2_top_main.jpg

This really makes me wonder what exactly is in that little box...

I suspect it's nothing but a big V the size of the Mariana trench

stratamania said:
What kind of hardtail?

As previously mentioned there are lots of piezo systems available for hardtails such as from Fishman and Graphtech.

Believe it or not, a $199 Squier that plays great.

Disco Scottie said:
stratamania said:
What kind of hardtail?

Believe it or not, a $199 Squier that plays great.

Ok that is the guitar brand but what hardtail bridge does it have. Is it a tele a strat, something else. 

Back