I have to say, I'm surprised this LP is still there

DangerousR6 said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
GoDrex said:
there was a thread pretty recently about the LP body prices being insane - -and Gregg pretty much made the same reply - which makes a lot of sense btw.

I'm not an accountant or business owner (but I play one on TV, LOL), but does it make more sense to make less money per item (sell them cheaper) and sell more items?   Or is it better to move fewer items at a premium price?  Wal-Mart mass produced vs. the quality craftsman.   Regardless, by putting a G price tag on it, it's got us taking notice that there aren't as many of those Showcase items moving.  But, by fewer units out there, their value also goes up. 
I slept at a Holiday Inn last night..... :laughing7:

Is that where you made those cool tele bodies?

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
GoDrex said:
there was a thread pretty recently about the LP body prices being insane - -and Gregg pretty much made the same reply - which makes a lot of sense btw.

I'm not an accountant or business owner (but I play one on TV, LOL), but does it make more sense to make less money per item (sell them cheaper) and sell more items?   Or is it better to move fewer items at a premium price?  Wal-Mart mass produced vs. the quality craftsman.   Regardless, by putting a G price tag on it, it's got us taking notice that there aren't as many of those Showcase items moving.  But, by fewer units out there, their value also goes up. 
I slept at a Holiday Inn last night..... :laughing7:

Is that where you made those cool tele bodies?
I can't say...It's double naught spy stuff..... :dontknow:

GoDrex said:

We have a famous actor on the forum???? Tell us more!
and don't you pull a JamesL on us! D:

Mahogany Back for Stellar Tone Generation...

I'm pretty much under the impression that you have to attach a human being to one end and an amplifier to the other for "Stellar Tone Generation"... seems like a lotta guitars work pretty good if you get the other parts right?  :icon_scratch:
Will that thing play "Smoke on the Water".... :blob7:

NonsenseTele said:
What is Stellar Tone Generation?
That means you can count on the body sounding good because Warmoth uses good materials. Warmoth verterans already assume this of Warmoth so the reassurance is valuable to the new customer mostly.

GoDrex said:

Walmart actually does sell guitars....and they are inexpensive. Though I really don't know if you could get a Warmoth quality neck there for only $157. If Warmoth could mass produce our kind of quality then we would and put them in Walmarts.  :laughing7:  I think Harley Davidson purposely made fewer bikes to keep prices high and brand their product as a luxury and a lifestyle. Warmoth operates at full capacity while keeping prices as low as possible for the amount of labor and materials invested.

You could add a $800 neck to that body, exotic, binding, whatever, and whatever fossilized genital parts you'd like to, and come in at under $2500 total - around the price of a basic PRS or LP custom.
Most of us aren't going that route, but it's not an outrageous price when you compare it to the real competition.

My 2c: if Warmoth are going to go more that route, they need to expand their binding and inlay options - that body would look better with multi-ply binding and a multi-ply bound neck and headstock with split parallelogram inlays, and maybe a pre-installed real bone nut option.

I have seen a few more high-end bodies with no pickup routes, which some of us have repeatedly suggested, so that's great.

"My 2c: if Warmoth are going to go more that route, they need to expand their binding and inlay options - that body would look better with multi-ply binding and a multi-ply bound neck and headstock with split parallelogram inlays, and maybe a pre-installed real bone nut option."

I don't think could fit within the Warmoth business model/setup; it's too time consuming to do one off custom work. You can always order the parts appropriately and take them to a skilled luthier do do additional custom binding/inlay work, that's been done by a few people on the board in the past.

:party07:

Don't worry Gregg, as goofy as "stellar tone generation" sounds, we all know Warmoths kick ass.  That's why we're here!  And $1K for that body is only expensive FOR WARMOTH.  Gibson would get at LEAST an arm and two legs for a top like that.    :eek:ccasion14:

dbw said:
:party07:

Don't worry Gregg, as goofy as "stellar tone generation" sounds, we all know Warmoths kick ass.  That's why we're here!  And $1K for that body is only expensive FOR WARMOTH.  Gibson would get at LEAST an arm and two legs for a top like that.    :eek:ccasion14:

I agree.

Warmoth products are of great quality.

$1K is expensive no matter how fast they sell. I bought one myself, doesn't mean it's cheap though.

Don't worry Gregg, as goofy as "stellar tone generation" sounds, we all know Warmoths kick ass.

SOMEone must have dug the description. You think it's easy coming up with new adjectives?  :laughing7:

Marko said:
looks like Super Turbo pulled a JamesL on us !!  :dontknow:

Huh?

Hahahaha! sorry, check my response to your post on the last page:
I'm not an accountant or business owner (but I play one on TV, LOL), but does it make more sense to make less money per item (sell them cheaper) and sell more items?  Or is it better to move fewer items at a premium price?  Wal-Mart mass produced vs. the quality craftsman.  Regardless, by putting a G price tag on it, it's got us taking notice that there aren't as many of those Showcase items moving.  But, by fewer units out there, their value also goes up. 

We have a famous actor on the forum? Tell us more!

in case you missed the JamesL thing: he told us all these stories about being in a well known band, but didn't want to tell us which one :)

Marko said:
We have a famous actor on the forum???? Tell us more!

Nope, not an actor.  It was my attempt at humor.  You don't see them as much anymore, but advertisements with TV Drs. would start with something like, "I'm not a Dr. but I play one on TV.....and that's why I take [insert product here]"

Back