I have to say, I'm surprised this LP is still there

Lucky #7

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP174&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=2

LPCP174a.jpg
LPCP174b.jpg
LPCP174c.jpg

It looks great, but close to $1000 is getting a bit pricey for me.

You could do a great Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge) inspired build based around that.....

I thought about the price, but even then you have a pretty spectacular quilt, one piece mahogany, unique finish, and a burst on the back as well.  And it looks really sharp.  There's another one that I have the same opinion of, but I have a pipe dream that I might be able to buy it in the not too distant future and I'm hoping I'll get lucky and it will still be there.

Agreed it is gorgeous.  However, I think the priced of these DL top LPs is out of control. 

DocNrock said:
Agreed it is gorgeous.  However, I think the priced of these DL top LPs is out of control. 
If that were true they wouldn't keep selling and Warmoth would simply stop making them since there is A LOT of labor and materials invested to make them.

Wait a minute, isn't this conversation a rerun?

looking at the itme description, it says it has a BLACK DYE finish on the back.  I thought WARMOTH would only do that finish on figured Maple??  IT LOOKS KILLER!

I ask because I am doing a tobacco burst on a flame maple LP I picked up and would like to carry over the brown dye to the back.  I would think it would finish a little darker and look cool.

Gregg said:
DocNrock said:
If that were true they wouldn't keep selling and Warmoth would simply stop making them since there is A LOT of labor and materials invested to make them.

Wait a minute, isn't this conversation a rerun?

I guess it is all supply and demand.  I didn't know the demand was so great.  No offense was meant towards W at all, and I don't doubt resource investment.  If they're flying off the shelves at that price, then that is the final word.

They do look killer, especially this one.

I don't know about a rerun.

there was a thread pretty recently about the LP body prices being insane - -and Gregg pretty much made the same reply - which makes a lot of sense btw.

dmraco said:
I thought WARMOTH would only do that finish on figured Maple?? 

They do it on Flamed, Quilted (figured), Birdseye Maple and Swamp Ash as well, probably a few others.  You're right, the backs are usually limited to transparent or solids, with dyes being on the tops.  However, this is a showcase item there to tempt you with options they don't offer.  Beautiful and often infuriating!

Very nice indeed, but quilted maple ain't that expensive. And for a G it should at least be double bound... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Very nice indeed, but quilted maple ain't that expensive. And for a G it should at least be double bound... :icon_thumright:

I did find some killer top wood on E-bay the other day.

GoDrex said:
there was a thread pretty recently about the LP body prices being insane - -and Gregg pretty much made the same reply - which makes a lot of sense btw.

I'm not an accountant or business owner (but I play one on TV, LOL), but does it make more sense to make less money per item (sell them cheaper) and sell more items?  Or is it better to move fewer items at a premium price?  Wal-Mart mass produced vs. the quality craftsman.  Regardless, by putting a G price tag on it, it's got us taking notice that there aren't as many of those Showcase items moving.  But, by fewer units out there, their value also goes up. 

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
GoDrex said:

I'm not an accountant or business owner (but I play one on TV, LOL), but does it make more sense to make less money per item (sell them cheaper) and sell more items?   Or is it better to move fewer items at a premium price?  Wal-Mart mass produced vs. the quality craftsman.   Regardless, by putting a G price tag on it, it's got us taking notice that there aren't as many of those Showcase items moving.  But, by fewer units out there, their value also goes up. 

In other words, 6 of one and half-dozen of the other.  :icon_biggrin:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
GoDrex said:

I'm not an accountant or business owner (but I play one on TV, LOL), but does it make more sense to make less money per item (sell them cheaper) and sell more items?   Or is it better to move fewer items at a premium price?  Wal-Mart mass produced vs. the quality craftsman.   Regardless, by putting a G price tag on it, it's got us taking notice that there aren't as many of those Showcase items moving.  But, by fewer units out there, their value also goes up. 
I slept at a Holiday Inn last night..... :laughing7:

Back