I Dislike Ike!

NonsenseTele said:
Keep kicking Ike's ass man!

Just saw that Ike is gone from where you are, everything is ok???
.gif

There's no MONEY to rebuild things, not here in the United States - the terrorists have won. :help:

(Tho I bet Texas gets a better shake of the ol' FEMA purse than other states might, hmmm...) :icon_scratch:

stubhead said:
(Tho I bet Texas gets a better shake of the ol' FEMA purse than other states might, hmmm...) :icon_scratch:

Yeah, that's of a no win, damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.  If they don't, they're criticized for not learning past lessons and doing it right this time.  If they do, Bush looks like he's playing favorites with his home state.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
stubhead said:

Yeah, that's of a no win, damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.  If they don't, they're criticized for not learning past lessons and doing it right this time.  If they do, Bush looks like he's playing favorites with his home state.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Ike sucks.  We really only took fence damage at my place in League City, but there is some serious devastation.  I don't even want to see pictures of Galveston yet.  We topped out at around 3 million in the Houston Metropolitan Area with no power.  Signs down, power lines down, walls of homes jacked up, trees all over the place.  That said, things are already getting better.  Power is back on at my place and there are linesman coming from all over the country to try and get it back on for everyone ASAP.  I've seen several convoys of electric trucks headed to Galveston.  I don't know if they have an infrastructure left.

I hope Rich's place is alright.  He's closer to the water than I am, although it supposedly didn't get that close to our house. Thank God their predictions of a 20 foot surge inland weren't realized.

I heard reports that it could take a month to restore power everywhere, so that realy could explain the silence on the other end. But I do hope he is OK.

I'm thinking the longer ends of that time frame are mainly for the folks that are living on land and not in neighborhoods.  They did say it could be next week before some people are back on even in the city.  The people on the street behind me don't have power.  I'm sure they hate me.

Back