HS 3 Way Split Wiring

johnnyj

Hi guys,

I am waiting excited for my first warmoth build shipping. In my Build I will have a HS Pickup configuration and I would like to realize the following wiring:

- 1 Volume
- 3 Way Switch: Neck Singlecoil, Neck Singlecoil + Splitted Humbucker (making this position noiseless), Full Humbucker

Did anybody of you realized this setup before or know a wiring diagram which makes this possible? I want to evade a push pull control for the split. If this is not possible with a standard 3 way switch, I was wondering if there exists a super/megaswitch that could do the trick. Unfortunately, I didnt find such a wiring option on Eyb Schaller etc. pages.

I would also be open for a blade switch or a gibson style, both possible.

I would appreciate any hints. Thanks and best
J.

Perhaps consider using a Freeway 3B3-01 switch that could probably do what you need and avoid the need for a push-pull for splitting the humbucker.

thanks for the hint, but i already had those switches. genius piece of invention for sure, but on stage i found myself often being in the wrong position. its just too much options for one switch imo.
for this reason i want to go back to simpler controls.

what would also be great is the 4 way tele switch. but i guess this is also not possible?

I think a 4 way tele switch will present the same problem as a 3 way as you only have two poles. If you use one to shunt the humbucker series link to ground then you only have one pole left and can not create the combined positions as you need two poles to do that and you are only left with one.

- 3 Way Switch: Neck Singlecoil, Neck Singlecoil + Splitted Humbucker (making this position noiseless), Full Humbucker

What is really needed is either an additional switch or a superswitch which has 4 poles but 5 positions.

So you could have what you want with an additional two positions which could be wired like so.

1. Full Humbucker
2.  Full Humbucker
3. Neck Singlecoil + Splitted Humbucker
4. Neck Singlecoil,
5.  Neck Singlecoil,

Or you could have 2 and 4 also as Neck Singlecoil + Splitted Humbucker

Or the additional 2 and 4 positions could be used for other things such as full bridge HB & neck or HB in parallel.

I would think freeway would be the way to go, but ... Dimarzio's website has a bunch of wiring diagrams and I know they have one for a five way that gets you what you're looking for, plus bridge in a parallel (what I would call a straty sound), and the the bridge and neck combined (which gives you the bridge plus a little oomph).

Back