How to apply metal Warmoth decal?

ventolino

I'm waiting for my order that never ship  :confused4:,
meanwhile i'm asking myself how to apply metal decal ( http://www.warmoth.com/supplies/supplies.cfm?fuseaction=stickers ) on headstock.
I don't have phisically on my hand so, how it's made?
How do you install it and how to align on headstock in order to be right-looking? (I'll install it on Warmoth headstock).
Thanks.

The decal is sandwiched between a paper backing and a piece of clear plastic.  You peel away the paper, leaving the sticky side exposed and the shiny side stuck to the plastic, then you just stick it to the headstock and peel away the plastic.  Pretty easy.  Try not to put it on crooked like I did :(

dbw said:
The decal is sandwiched between a paper backing and a piece of clear plastic.  You peel away the paper, leaving the sticky side exposed and the shiny side stuck to the plastic, then you just stick it to the headstock and peel away the plastic.  Pretty easy.

Ok, thanks.  :headbang:

dbw said:
Try not to put it on crooked like I did :(

In fact i fear of that, so is there a way to align it?

In fact i fear of that, so is there a way to align it?

No. We all put them on crooked. At least if you stare at it long enough it will appear cooked.   :sad:   But the good news is, if you stop looking at it, it goes back straight.  :icon_biggrin:

Something like this?  :icon_jokercolor:

movim20.gif

ventolino said:
meanwhile i'm asking myself how to apply metal decal ( http://www.warmoth.com/supplies/supplies.cfm?fuseaction=stickers ) on headstock.
How do you install it and how to align on headstock in order to be right-looking? (I'll install it on Warmoth headstock).
Thanks.

You could put on a string or two and use that to align it.  Though that would probably work better on a Strat headstock.

Stick a piece of masking tape over the decal long enough to hold in both hands. Remove the backing then you can "hover over the target" till you are happy with the position then sit it down flat for a perfect landing. :icon_thumright:

willyk said:
Stick a piece of masking tape over the decal long enough to hold in both hands. Remove the backing then you can "hover over the target" till you are happy with the position then sit it down flat for a perfect landing. :icon_thumright:

GREAT idea!

RLW said:
willyk said:

GREAT idea!

Yes, it seems a very good idea  :hello2:
Thanks.

ventolino said:
Thanks.

did you buy it of the showcase? of not, just relax! it will come.

You can also, completely re-arrange the spelling, ie; Godzilla fans may decide to omit the "W" & have "mothra" on their headstock. :headbang:

Back