• Randy Rhoads pinstriping

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • custom design

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • leave it solid black

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

leftyflip10

Just wondering which paint job would be best.i have a left handed Ibanez RG370DX that is black with black harware.I want to re-paint it because it looks bad,and was just wondering which one you think would look best, and which one would be easiest to do. :help:

Some people like relics. :laughing7:

Seriously though, I'd say red and keep the black hardware for easiest.  As always, pics would help.  :icon_biggrin:

I agree, PICS PICS PICS

Then the colors can speak to me....

For now I'll say no Van Halen and No Randy Rhoads...

whatever you do, please not another frankstrat, please, please make it stop!

Nonsense, Where are you, lets pressure him into painting it black, pure evil Black. Everything to be black. Even the strings. :evil4:

Graffiti yellow
SLP83A.jpg

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
djf67 said:
Graffiti yellow
SLP83A.jpg
Blergh, I should inform my mate about that, he wants to put together a ridiculously bright yucky, fluro guitar.

ha ha, believe it or not, I do want to have a guitar painted on the top with graffiti yellow, and transparent blue on the rear. Why? Because those are the colours of the Central Coast Mariners! I do have a LPS in mind for the job, but a lack of money and a weaker Aussie dollar puts this project down the list.... :sad:

As for this Ibanez, I'd say re do it in black.

The whole Eddie van Halen Frankenstrat thing is long dead. Much as I appreciate the guy, that guitar is probably the most overrated on the planet. There's a cool story behind the original (and I appreciate the charm factor), but there are already loads of third-rate attempts at Frankenstrats out there in a variety of other ugly, dated colors.

Anyway, that guitar doesn't really give a lot of options with all of that black hardware - because of that a lot of solid colors will only make it look cheap and/or kind of 80's. If you must get away from the black, I'd use something understated like an Ice Blue Metallic or Silver. That would give a little contrast but not get too wacky looking. Dark blues look horrible on these, and a wine red would probably be as colorful as I'd risk.

I've checked this post several times and I still haven't seen those pictures... I'll vote as soon as you upload them, man.

Back