How Old is this Superwide Neck, without a side adjustment

NutBehindTheGuitar

Hey Gang
So I managed to score a used Warmoth SuperWide neck on a different forum. Pretty happy with the purchase, I'm curious how old this thing is. Maybe some of you long time board members can hazard a guess?

It doesn't have the side adjustment truss rod that I'm used to. It has that adjustment at the end of the neck thingy. According to the seller it was re-fretted and sanded to an even 16' radius. It needs a nut.

I'll post more about it when I find a body for it but that may be a while
Here are the pics
HeelSideOne(5)7th.jpg
The truss Rod
TrussAdjustmentatHeel (9).jpgHeelSideTwo (6)7th.jpgTrussAdjustmentatHeel (9).jpg

Judging by the brand it doesn't appear to be super old. I designed that brand about ten years ago.

Is it left-handed, by chance? I see side dots on the right-hand side, so I'm guessing not.

Strange.

Hi Aaron
No it's not left handed.
Judging by the brand it doesn't appear to be super old. I designed that brand about ten years ago.
When you say you designed that brand, do you mean you designed the stylized way "Warmoth" is written and other style / brand identify elements, or do you mean you designed the overhanging fretboard that makes the superwide possible?
Either way good work
Bye

That brand predates the music notes addition and has the older style truss rod nut. Pretty cool piece of vintage Warmoth. We used to brand with a drill press used as an arbor. Now our brands are all arbor press. Fun facts. 🤓

I would guess this neck was made before 2006. That’s when I first started here and it looks older than what we were putting through the factory at the time.

Back