How much fuss should I raise over this?

W

whyachi

I logged into my Musician's Friend shopping cart to take something out of it and got the message you see in the attached screenshot.

Furman price went up, whatever... GK head "increased" to $49.95? Hell yes!

I hopped on their Chat with a Sales Rep thing and basically got, "F- off and kill yourself," from the rep. Plus they had me try to go through shipping and magically the price was corrected by the time I got to the next page. I didn't have a printer available, so I just have the screenshot and the chat log from the rep I spoke with where they said yeah, its a misprint on the page, and good luck getting us to honor it.

I got a $400 Warwick Corvette from these @ssholes before for a misprint, and it took two trips to the store and chewing up a few managers to get it. I've posted that story before. Well that was GC but its the same company.

What do yall think? All I have now is a chat log and a screenshot which Max has proven can be easily Photoshopped... am I SOL? I know that's a totally ridiculous price to get a GK head for but they'll beat any price.. apparently, except for their own.

Wait...
you called CS? Why? You should have just ordered, then called CS if they charged you extra.

Max said:
Wait...
you called CS? Why? You should have just ordered, then called CS if they charged you extra.

Because when I tried to add it to my cart it rang up full price, it was just the message they sent me that said otherwise.

Well, you may have had a problem if you tried getting it through GC anyways. I think I read they are under investigation because their computers, when checking for price-matching, would change the price displayed to customers in-store.

Max said:
Well, you may have had a problem if you tried getting it through GC anyways. I think I read they are under investigation because their computers, when checking for price-matching, would change the price displayed to customers in-store.

The GC instore computers would actually bring up a GC "Intra"web site instead of the actual internet so there prices were always lower. if you went home and looked it may be a different story.

You would be REALLY suprised if you knew what they would let go for ridiculous prices, i know for a fact that their computers are full of bugs like what you encountered,
either that or the guy who was working on packaging and shipping was just a complete moron, but it began with my friend ordering a tele, can't remember exactly which model but it was $500 dollar guitar
well a week or so later he gets the guitar in the mail, opens it up and it's one of those thinline teles with the two humbuckers, list price at the time on that one was like $700..
...pretty ridiculous of them to not notice that, but we assumed it was an oversight, he kept the guitar and never said a word about it,

well a few months later during my birthday, i ordered my Krank Rev Jr Pro Head and one the little 1x12 cabs for it, well a week or so passes and one day i have two big boxes and ups guy outside, i bring them in and open them to find
the Rev Jr Pro, and in the other box....another Krank Rev Jr.  :eek: i check the receipt and right there it says, Krank 1x12 Extension Cab. so they charged me for a cab and sent me an amp in it's place.

What i payed for. $200 dollar cab

What i received, $500 dollar amp

but wait....it gets better.

i laugh off the mishap, and happily log onto mf.com and order another one of those cabs thinking they surely would get it right this time,...wrong  :laughing7:
the next package comes in, "Krank rev jr 1x12 cab" right on the side, open it up, ANOTHER FREAKING AMP HEAD! so i'm sitting on 3 of these beasts and not a cab one has come to my door.

at that point i was just ready to start playing again lol, i ordered an avatar cab and haven't looked back since, but at the rate that was going i could've made a lot more money off them than i did,
the entire ordeal was just ridiculous, but hey, i made a good chunk of change off their (repeated) mistakes and got to order some real nice guitar parts with it. all in all, simply ridiculous situation,

but hey, if it's their fault in the first place and you can exploit a glitch in a big, soulless, corporate chain like that, by all means GO FOR IT, in my experience you won't be hurting their bank accounts  :laughing11: :icon_thumright:

Maltozombie said:
You would be REALLY suprised if you knew what they would let go for ridiculous prices, i know for a fact that their computers are full of bugs like what you encountered,
either that or the guy who was working on packaging and shipping was just a complete moron, but it began with my friend ordering a tele, can't remember exactly which model but it was $500 dollar guitar
well a week or so later he gets the guitar in the mail, opens it up and it's one of those thinline teles with the two humbuckers, list price at the time on that one was like $700..
...pretty ridiculous of them to not notice that, but we assumed it was an oversight, he kept the guitar and never said a word about it,

well a few months later during my birthday, i ordered my Krank Rev Jr Pro Head and one the little 1x12 cabs for it, well a week or so passes and one day i have two big boxes and ups guy outside, i bring them in and open them to find
the Rev Jr Pro, and in the other box....another Krank Rev Jr.  :eek: i check the receipt and right there it says, Krank 1x12 Extension Cab. so they charged me for a cab and sent me an amp in it's place.

What i payed for. $200 dollar cab

What i received, $500 dollar amp

but wait....it gets better.

i laugh off the mishap, and happily log onto mf.com and order another one of those cabs thinking they surely would get it right this time,...wrong  :laughing7:
the next package comes in, "Krank rev jr 1x12 cab" right on the side, open it up, ANOTHER FREAKING AMP HEAD! so i'm sitting on 3 of these beasts and not a cab one has come to my door.

at that point i was just ready to start playing again lol, i ordered an avatar cab and haven't looked back since, but at the rate that was going i could've made a lot more money off them than i did,
the entire ordeal was just ridiculous, but hey, i made a good chunk of change off their (repeated) mistakes and got to order some real nice guitar parts with it. all in all, simply ridiculous situation,

but hey, if it's their fault in the first place and you can exploit a glitch in a big, soulless, corporate chain like that, by all means GO FOR IT, in my experience you won't be hurting their bank accounts  :laughing11: :icon_thumright:

WHOEVER developed that website, please do some work for Marshall or Gibson!  :laughing7:

LOL, so I guess you sold at least one of the amp heads (keeping one for a spare?).....What a  great story, seriously, I AM laughing out loud at my computer..

I can't seem to get them to give me the 700RB-II for $50 like I did with getting the half-price Warwick.

Sorry, bro, as sucky as it is I'm sure there is something in fine print somewhere that says they reserve the right to change prices at anytime. I'd be pissed too but there's not much you can do about it.
MULLY

If it makes you feel any better, the Furman M-8x is $60 at Sweetwater so maybe $49.95 isn't too bad.  Sweetwater'd probably match it if you wanted to stick it to MF

1008082014.jpg

here's the proof of musicians friend's incompetence, i mean seriously....i think i honestly could've kept going and got as many as i wanted like this,  :laughing11:
but i sold both of the extra beasts, pretty much payed for all my guitar upgrades without having much money at all actually come out of my pocket.

since then i've stuck to perusing mom and pop shops for my new gear, and have had infinitely better experiences doing that since the slew of mishaps from mf,
but i almost dare someone to order one of these from them and see what you get in the mail.......you never know  :laughing7:

I buy from ....American Musical Supply....they sell pretty much all the same stuff and they dont charge shipping or state tax.  

heres their link....      http://www.americanmusical.com/

Someone may have said this already, but they have no obligation to honor a price like that.  There was a Best Buy misprint on a tv that was similar to that a few years ago and they just canceled everyone's orders.  People were pissed, but it was better than letting go of thousands of units for $3000 less than their value. 

Now, you might be able to get them to reprimand the CS guy depending on whether or not he was really rude about it, but he's right, they won't honor that price and they don't have to.

I hadn't heard that other story that they were doing the Best Buy intrastore website deal.  BB got busted and sued for that too.

Lucky #007 said:
Someone may have said this already, but they have no obligation to honor a price like that.  There was a Best Buy misprint on a tv that was similar to that a few years ago and they just canceled everyone's orders.  People were pissed, but it was better than letting go of thousands of units for $3000 less than their value. 

Now, you might be able to get them to reprimand the CS guy depending on whether or not he was really rude about it, but he's right, they won't honor that price and they don't have to.

I hadn't heard that other story that they were doing the Best Buy intrastore website deal.  BB got busted and sued for that too.

Not music related but I was at the store one day looking at golf clubs and they had a full set of Ping irons with a price tag of $110.00. They obviously left a zero off of that. I didn't have the money on me at the moment but figured they'd never figure it out. I went back like 2 days later and they had been re-priced. I really wish I had just jumped on the cash machine at that moment and bought them. It's a store similar to Wal-mart but higher quality. Only thing is that the people at the counter wouldn't know a set of Ping clubs from their a$$ so I could have walked away with an 1100 dollar set of irons for a hundred bucks.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Lucky #007 said:

Not music related but I was at the store one day looking at golf clubs and they had a full set of Ping irons with a price tag of $110.00. They obviously left a zero off of that. I didn't have the money on me at the moment but figured they'd never figure it out. I went back like 2 days later and they had been re-priced. I really wish I had just jumped on the cash machine at that moment and bought them. It's a store similar to Wal-mart but higher quality. Only thing is that the people at the counter wouldn't know a set of Ping clubs from their a$$ so I could have walked away with an 1100 dollar set of irons for a hundred bucks.
MULLY

was this in japan? messed up the conversion rate maybe? was it at a homac or something?

Back