How is it still there?!

rhythm

This is the body I just bought from the showcase. After much contemplation I am delighted with my purchase, however I am also filled with relief now that I grew the balls to buy it after looking at it for 6 weeks in the showcase and running the risk of it selling to someone else. It could have sold easily in that time and I would still be looking for my perfect body! What a relief. Maybe I just see it differently to others; eye of the beer holder and all that.

Anywho, the point of the topic is to ask all you showcase trawlers out there (I expect there is the odd one or two of us on here) to post a pic of a body or a neck which has been on the showcase for a while and you cant believe hasnt sold. Tell us why you think it is awesome and what you think would go with it body/neck/pickguard/hardware etc.

Just a bit of fun.

My body $499:

It's the same with me, there is a Bass body that I'm looking for since January, but as it would cost me about US$1500+ I'm not able to buy it...
And it's still there... (I've only to say: if somebody here from showcase buy it, will have an ugly painfull death)

EDIT: From showcase, I wanted to mean "Forum" :D

I watched this one for quite a while in the showcase- 10 times a day or more for a month or more, i think.  showed the pics to everyone I knew.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4076.0

I hesitated for a long time because I already have my first warmoth custom build on order...   

I thought it was totally psychedelic and wild, and the fact that it was rear routed, and none of the pickups or control holes had been routed- thus allowing me to customize it myself, and get away from the standard strat control positions.  The custom I have on order is a hollow mahogany f-hole rear rout with a unique choice pau ferro top (which I was also surprised that no one had snagged), H-S-H pickups and tele position knobs....  so I wanted my second build to be a more strat strat - alder solid body.  I love strats- huge Gilmour junky- but i cant stand the control positions, pickguards, and wammy bars of fenders.  Warmoth doesnt have that many finished, non routed strat bodies in the showcase, so I knew I had to grab it, cuz it was wild, man. 

so this one will get a wilky, Dimarzio area 58's/61, or maybe a Fast Track in the bridge.  the neck is gonna be maple/maple with satin finish and a warmoth head.

But i look through the showcase everyday, and unfortunately I don't find bodies that suit me, except this red one.

I had that with 2 necks. a padouk/ebony neck and a wenge/ebony neck, with abalone and MoP inlay.240$ and 220$ for the necks. why didnt someone buy them? no idea. I have them, and love them both!

My Jazz Bass spent less than 15 minutes on the Showcase. Spike said it was still warm from the oven when he went to snag it for me. I knew this one wouldn't last long.
DSCN1310.jpg

If I didn't already own a strat I would buy this... but I have other plans.

PS2331A.jpg

There is one I have been looking at for a while...I'll post a picture on monday after I order it, tho.

i drool over this one..

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPSCP30&menuItem=5&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&controlRout_filter=2

This hasn't been up for that long, but I gawk at it for a bit whenever I'm on the showcase.
I would do it with clear gloss, black or chrome hardware... maybe a wenge/ebony neck, or pao ferro... hipshot trem...
I'd love to do a build with single coils, but not for a while... doubt it will still be around then - but you never know  :icon_smile:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&itemNumber=S2734

onedrop said:
This hasn't been up for that long, but I gawk at it for a bit whenever I'm on the showcase.
I would do it with clear gloss, black or chrome hardware... maybe a wenge/ebony neck, or pao ferro... hipshot trem...
I'd love to do a build with single coils, but not for a while... doubt it will still be around then - but you never know  :icon_smile:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&itemNumber=S2734
I think it would look awesome with an oil finish! Maybe brown.

jackthehack said:
I don't want to draw any attention to any Showcase items I'm stalking

:laughing3: I love how serious people get with guitars. I totally agree, i wouldnt have told anyone about the body I bought before i did.

I actually did miss out on the body I wanted a couple of months ago. It was a one piece alder with swamp ash like grain. I was going to get it tobacco burst finished. It would have been awesome, but I like what I eventually bought more. So good job someone bought that last one out from under my nose.

I am going to be philosophical about it and say that if you miss out on the one you want, something else will come along eventually. :guitaristgif:

Onedrop, That body is really nice............. I did actually consider it! but I only wanted alder and nothing but alder.

RLW cool bass, wish i could play bass............................. One day.

I keep coming back to this one for weeks and weeks. If it wasn't routed for a Trem, I would have bought it by now.

VIPP121A.jpg

The devil to this thread is "I'll get that soon, no one else can like it as much as I do."  ...Then it's gone, as soon as you decide to pull the plug.

I'm hoping that happens because i'm sick of looking at it, and my bank account can't afford anything else right now!

What more amazing than all those is the real 1958 Strat with provenance on eBay still tracking at only $31,600 with an hour left to go on the auction; wonder what the sniper bids that drop at the end will take it to???

http://cgi.ebay.com/1958-Fender-Stratocaster-nice-original-guitar-w-case_W0QQitemZ290246316490QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290246316490&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

RLW said:
Ended at $31.6 K. That is kind of shocking.

Yes and no... I was expecting it to go a bit higher, but I've been saying the vintage market peaked a while back. Gruhn's has a '58 in rougher shape that just got reduced from $28.5K to $19.5K and look at all the price reductions of up to $10K on vintage Fender stock. There's a roughish '54 with a 3 digit serial number for $60K. These prices are down as much as half  of when they peaked.

Back