How do you like my headstock?

smavridis

Its not done yet, but its gunna look good! this is just the template. if you have any suggestions, just throw them out there!

IMG_1331.jpg

Wow that neck has been played! Don't go for the open chords much I take it?  :laughing7:

nope. i hate the cbs headstock.

lol i tried taking off the frets. now im just going to replace the entire fretboard. this is going on in conjunction to my friends request that i refinish his guitar.

smavridis said:

lol i tried taking off the frets. now im just going to replace the entire fretboard. this is going on in conjunction to my friends request that i refinish his guitar.
Prolly just be easier to buy a new neck....... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:

Perhaps, but less fun...

mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:

Perhaps, but less fun...
True dat... :icon_biggrin:

mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:

Perhaps, but less fun...

in case you guys havent noticed, i take the hardest route i can find. its just how i am! lol

smavridis said:
mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:

Perhaps, but less fun...

in case you guys havent noticed, i take the hardest route i can find. its just how i am! lol
Makes for good experience sometimes.... :laughing7:

as i explained in another thread, if i wanted to go the easy way out, i wouldnt have bought a warmoth! i would have gone to guitar center, looked at their wall of two guitar models (strat les paul) and picked one of the stock shitocasters.

Just finished cutting it. i used a hacksaw. it was hell.

after cutting.
0720091906-00.jpg

a bit of clean up and sanding.
0720091925-00.jpg

its going to get a coat of white on the back and black on the front. then my signature and a clearcoat.

I think it will need a new nut.
LOL

No really though, looks good.  Sort of reminds me of an Ibanez.
You can clean that up with some sanding.

Nice job on getting the fret out.  Rosewood loves to split.

James

smavridis said:
Just finished cutting it. i used a hacksaw. it was hell.

after cutting.
0720091906-00.jpg

a bit of clean up and sanding.
0720091925-00.jpg

its going to get a coat of white on the back and black on the front. then my signature and a clearcoat.

If you round it off like the pencil marks, it will look very Carvin-esque.  Looks cool!

thanks for the replies you guys!

James> Its getting a whole new fretboard! lol

Andy> not getting rounded off, i decided this looked cooler.

my only problem right now is that even with the gratuitous amounts of sanding i invested its VERY bumpy.

Back