How do I make my Warmoth body look like this?????

brentmcd

I need a little help and hope that  somebody reading this possesses the know-how that I lack. 

I’ve acquired a Warmoth Wolfgang shaped body with a heavily quilted maple top on ebay and want to finish it like this one: 

http://www.rockandrollweekend.com/amber%20red%20flames%20-%20re.jpg

I’ve finished a couple quilted guitars before but have no idea how to keep the dye in the flames from bleeding onto the background.    Any suggestions?

Masking tape? Mask out what you want one color, then do the same with the other color?

You're lucky, i wanted a wolfgang shape, then i found out they don't sell em anymore  :sad1:

Dye the whole top with the yellow and then seal it with a clear.  Tape off the areas you want to stay yellow and then use shading colors to do the darker colors.  Pull your tape and shoot the whole thing with clear.  It should not be to hard to do.

How cool is THAT !?

I'm gett'in a "maybe I should try to shoot a paint job " bug .

Thanx , Tonar

Tonar8353 said:
Dye the whole top with the yellow and then seal it with a clear.  Tape off the areas you want to stay yellow and then use shading colors to do the darker colors.  Pull your tape and shoot the whole thing with clear.  It should not be to hard to do.

The only dyed part is the yellow?  The rest are transparent?

No the whole thing was done in yellow dye, then they masked off the flames and shot a trans burst.  (I'm just parroting Tonar :))

dbw said:
No the whole thing was done in yellow dye, then they masked off the flames and shot a trans burst.  (I'm just parroting Tonar :))

I think we're saying the same thing.  I realize the whole top is yellow dye, but after the yellow and clear is applied, the remaining colors cannot penetrate, so they are transparent.  Only the yellow is dyed.

Back