How did you know about Warmoth?

molul

Well, in my case it's a long story: my first "good" guitar, after 10 years with a 150€ one, was a Jackson Dinky DK2S that I bought in 2007 because of the Sustainiac, after finding out that the magic sounds that Billy Corgan made in The Smashing Pumpkins' "Adore tour" came from a Fernandes guitar (which had the Sustainer, which was similar to the Sustainiac system).

I fell in love with that pickup, but I hated the Floyd Rose bridge (changing strings was a PITA) and wasn't too fond of the guitar overall sound (not my style).

Then in 2008, Fender announced the Billy Corgan signature Stratocaster (now discontinued) and I immediately got myself one. I loved the sound of the guitar, and how comfortable it felt, but I missed the Sustainiac, and didn't like the fixed bridge.

One day, one of my bandmates told me about a guy in my city (Valencia, Spain) that might be able to make a mix of both guitars, so I told him everything I wanted and voila! I had my first Warmoth guitar, although I didn't know yet xD

After some time I took my guitar to a luthier to make some adjustments and he told me the guitar was made from Warmoth parts (well, body and neck). At first I thought this meant it was bad quality, but nope, he said it was actually very good.

I was happy to have a strat that sounded like the Corgan's strat (same pickups, except for the bridge) and also had a Sustainiac and a floating bridge again (a Wilkinson one). I also discovered the locking tuners, which I found an amazing idea.

But later I realized it was much heavier, so I changed the body to a chambered one. This was my first Warmoth order (that I ordered myself, I mean). And boy, what an improvement that was.

Recently, I realized that Corgan's strat neck felt much better, and I asked another luthier to make a replica of that neck (not yet finished).

At the same time, I discovered the Jazzmaster. I loved the look and the bridge, but wasn't 100% fond of the sound and the rhythm circuit thing (I find the knobs very uncomfortable). And then I realized that, if my current guitar had any accident, I wouldn't have a replacement to keep playing shows, so I decided to make a new Warmoth guitar, which would have Jazzmaster body, neck and bridge, and strat pickups (same as my current strat, Sustainiac included).

I just realized that, thanks to Warmoth, I know much more about guitars (not that I'm an expert, but I know more than before). And, most importantly, I can have exactly what I want in a guitar.

Some friends ask me why couldn't I just get an expensive fender guitar. I could, but I would always miss something. Warmoth seems to be my future regarding guitars xD

I only wish I knew about chambered bodies back in the day, or about neck profiles. I would have saved some good money, but anyway, I feel lucky that these improvements existed and I could afford them :)

Last week I told my mom about the new guitar I'm making and she asked me "will this one be The One?", and I could only tell her "I wish I could say yes, but from what I've seen so far, maybe not" lol. For instance, I would like to try a short scale neck in the future, but that won't come in the near future.

Anyway, I'm so glad Warmoth exists. I wouldn't be the guitarist I am today if it wasn't for them ^_^

So that's it. What's your story with Warmoth?

Few years ago, I was reading an article in one of the guitar publications about how one had to be careful about buying kit guitars. Massively varying quality and all that. I hadn't realize how big the spare parts and kit industry had grown. So, for the heck of it, I googled "guitar parts" and the first or second result I got was Warmoth. So I went there, took a look and liked what I saw. Perused a few guitar forums and heard lot's of good things about Warmoth's quality. So I decided to find out for myself and ordered a neck for a project that I had. Needless to say, I was impressed when it arrived. Decided to start using their services, and the rest is, as they say, history.

I would always see ads in my usual guitar mags, then one day many years on I noticed a  www address in the ad one day and the rest is history.. :headbang:

I did an intnet search for guitar necks and found Warmoth. After looking at the site, I checked to see how happy people were with them. The reviews I found were the deciding factor.

Wow.  I feel old. 

It was 1991 and I had been playing for a few years and had been thinking about ways to put together a guitar with some custom specs.  The then-soon-to-be-released Washburn N4 had me drooling so I wanted to go somewhat in that direction.  I had seen ads for Warmoth in the back of guitar magazines and decided to make a phone call to have a (printed) catalog sent (by mail) to me.  After it arrived I'm sure I spent many an hour going back and forth with options but finally filled out the order form and mailed it to them along with a money order.  I ended up with a soloist body with a quilted maple top over basswood and a birdseye neck and fretboard.  I finished the woods with some sort of tung oil concoction, built it up full shredder style w/ EMGs and a Floyd and played it for many years before it finally got parted out and passed along.

I'm only young, so I think I found them online somehow about 5-6 years back. I can still remember some of the flame top Regal's and Soloist's I wanted when I was only into Metal. Now that I'm a bit older the music I listen to and the stuff I want to play has changed so much. So my next build is going to be a Strat.

I first heard about Warmoth long time ago. I don't remember exactly when and where. But I never ordered anything from them until this week. It happened like this:

I was browsing reverb.com for the prices of Gilmour Strats (because I was bored at work, not because I can afford one) when this American Deluxe Strat with EMG DG20 and warmoth neck did pop up:

https://reverb.com/item/7053688-fender-american-deluxe-stratocaster-w-warmoth-neck-emg-david-gilmour-dg20-pickups

I was attracted by that neck and, since I was still bored, I went to the Warmoth web and I started to play with the Build Custom Tool. Then I thought that it could be a good idea to build something for the Harmonic Design Z90 pups that I currently have installed on a Schecter Solo II, so I ended up ordering a Black Korina Chambered Strat, a Roasted Flame maple neck with Indian Rosewood fretboard, and a Gotoh 510  :sign13:

Now I am impatiently waiting  :blob7:

From ads in US Guitar magazines back in the 80s, although it was not until around 10 years ago that I looked for the website and ordered something.

My first exposure to them in real life was from a guitar teacher I had back in the late '80s, early '90s. Fantastic player, but he wanted something that was technically great sound and playability-wise, but wasn't anything to look at. Kind of a "sleeper". So, unfinished Warmoth body/neck, slapped some dye/oil on it just to say he did, but great pickups and a pro setup so it sounded/played like a dream. Sitting unattended on stage in the stand, nobody would want to mess with or steal it.

Don't remember exactly, but I know was noodling around Google, looking for parts. I think it was for a replacement bridge for my H2, which had a couple of really worn saddles. Just happened on Warmoth when it came up in the search results. The rest is history.....  :glasses10:

Those little black and white ads in Guitar Player magazine in the late 80s with the cute turtle dude.

When I started playing guitar in '88, my dad bought me a used electric guitar from Monte Vista guitars in Tacoma. It had a Warmoth neck on it, and I loved it. So I always kept that info in mind, and when I got old enough to actually have money of my own, well, the addiction took over.  :-D

I remember seeing Warmoth ads in the back of guitar magazines in '85 or '86, and thinking it would be cool to put a Warmoth neck on a Strat copy that I had. I never got one, but fast-forward to the 21st century, I found the Warmoth website and I felt like a kid in a candy store. After lots of research, I built my first Warmoth guitar, a Soloist. It came out excellent due to my experience with disassembling, modifying, and reassembling production-line guitars over the years.

When I originally took up the guitar in the 80's I saw some Warmoth ads that looked cool. At one point life overtook playing the guitar and I quit for a long time. When I started playing again in about 2010 I just woke up one day between jobs, took my credit card, and walked up to the music store in my neighborhood and bought a used electric guitar that had originated in some holiday starter kit for $79.

Over the next year as my interested regrew further I was pretty shocked at what off the rack guitars cost in the modern era and remembered those Warmoth ads. I got pretty excited about the idea of pulling together a truly custom fitted instrument for a lower total outlay and spread out by buying parts as I could. I have never looked back.

Back