How can I make this look good?

R

Rouse

I really want a bloodwood neck because of its feel and tone, but with this current body I have (to the left) it just doesn't look right (kisekae design you see). What could I change to make a bloodwood neck look good with the body? I'm open to change anything except the SSS pickup design and of course the neck wood and body I currently have. The design I made was the the best that I could come up with, but it still doesn't look right. The only thing I've bought is the body, everything else is still to be ordered. If its impossible to make it look any better, I have another plan that I'll go with, but its worth one last shot to make bloodwood work before I give up the thought completely.
Sorry about the image quality, I had to convert it from bitmap to jpeg.

Loose the tortoise shell pick guard for starters, it clashes with that body and neck wood. Try white, white pearloid or black on the pick guard. The see how the neck wood looks.

Heres the black and white guard, the white looks kind of weird but the black made an improvement.

Can I have a large picture of just the body?

The actual body. Preferably Warmoth's house photo.

Try white pearloid!!
Also, the color of the neck is extremely bright red in your pic, (just like the outer ring of the burst) which makes it look odd.

Check out my bloodwood neck, it is a very different color red

Death by Uberschall said:
Are you going with an ebony finger board or blood wood?
which ever looks best, I'm open to just about anything
heres some bigger pics of the body, I can't find the warmoth showcase pic
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7252.0

Don't worry, it will look great either way, especially with a pearloid pg! :)

gitaarsen040.jpg

gitaarsen043.jpg

gitaarsen049.jpg

korinastrat017.jpg

korinastrat014.jpg

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29.0

Out of the four designs I've posted which one looks the best? And should I change anything on them? Like make one of them have chrome hardware or whatever.

Rouse said:
Out of the four designs I've posted which one looks the best? And should I change anything on them? Like make one of them have chrome hardware or whatever.

I say pick your woods first, then decide on hardware.

Rouse said:

current body, bloodwood neck, ebony board.

Rouse said:
Rouse said:

current body, bloodwood neck, ebony board.

Finish on the headstock to match the body?

What I see so far;
Black hardware w/white perloid or black pick guard for some contrast against those bright tones and ebony board.

i like the mismatching neck, myself. especially when it's darker than the body woods. it might be my love of the Modern Eagle II, but thats just my 2 cents. i say it looks awesome, keep it!

PS: i'm a big fan of black pickguard's myself. i vote black.

148127-bodyback-l.jpg

Dude what happened to Canary?  :icon_scratch:

EDIT
Max said:
Can I have a large picture of just the body?

The actual body. Preferably Warmoth's house photo.

Yeah get a pic to Max he does really good photoshop mockups!

Tempest said:
Dude what happened to Canary?  :icon_scratch:
I figured tone and feeling are more important than looks, so I came here for ideas to achieve both.

Tempest said:
Rouse said:
Tempest said:
Dude what happened to Canary?  :icon_scratch:
I figured tone and feeling are more important than looks, so I came here for ideas to achieve both.

What's wrong with Canary's tone and feel?
I like the tighter grains and smoother feel. "Brilliant highs" fits the purpose of this guitar very well.
EDIT: I have a small picture of my guitar, I think I resized it for some reason, so no pic big enough to be found.

Rouse said:
I like the tighter grains and smoother feel. "Brilliant highs" fits the purpose of this guitar very well.
EDIT: I have a small picture of my guitar, I think I resized it for some reason, so no pic big enough to be found.

Oh how I hate descriptive words...

And you can re-resize it can't you?

Back