How 'bout this?

fdesalvo

Imagine this with an Alpine/Pearl White back and clear gloss top.  What say you?

CTV124C.jpg

In my book, a top like that is too tan to look appealing under clear. I don't think a white back would provide enough contrast, either.

How about black dye with a white pearl back?

The first thing that came to mind for me was blue or turqoise dye, but I don't know if that would work. Red dye may work with a shade of white that doesn't have too much blue/green in the tint.

I've been digging Turquoise dye lately and I was worried that this top would come out too green or off kilter with it.  Would look great with a trans brown back, but not sure how the black binding would do in that case.

line6man said:
In my book, a top like that is too tan to look appealing under clear. I don't think a white back would provide enough contrast, either.

How about black dye with a white pearl back?

The first thing that came to mind for me was blue or turqoise dye, but I don't know if that would work. Red dye may work with a shade of white that doesn't have too much blue/green in the tint.

Nice piece. I'd be tempted to do the whole thing with a heavy vintage tint.

I like your original idea. Alpine White back with clear gloss on the top would be nice. I'd even be tempted to go with a Mary Kay top.

Black or chrome hardware?

MikeW said:
I like your original idea. Alpine White back with clear gloss on the top would be nice. I'd even be tempted to go with a Mary Kay top.

Black or chrome hardware?

Maybe black HW, but I'm installing either a Fishman Powerbridge or a LR Baggs Tbridge, which I can only find in Chrome or Gold.  Of the two, I'd go Chrome most likely. I think white pickups would kick ass tying into the back.  Trouble is I need a battery box.  I guess I could just mount it into the control plate, though. 

Edit:  Ordered!  Will decide on HW color later; I have spare parts galore and can try a few options before committing.  Hopefully she will be resonant and lively!

fdesalvo said:
Edit:  Ordered!  Will decide on HW color later; I have spare parts galore and can try a few options before committing.  Hopefully she will be resonant and lively!
Big thumbs-up to that! It'll be fun to follow your progress.

Thanks, man!  I wish I could get the Warmoth head stock, but I'm dead set on the Vintage Modern construction.  I kinda dig the snakehead!  Maybe I'll whip up a paddle board and custom make a 3+3.

rgand said:
fdesalvo said:
Big thumbs-up to that! It'll be fun to follow your progress.

fdesalvo said:
Thanks, man!  I wish I could get the Warmoth head stock, but I'm dead set on the Vintage Modern construction.  I kinda dig the snakehead!  Maybe I'll whip up a paddle board and custom make a 3+3.
Then it will really be your own. :glasses10:

Back