How about this!

m4rk0

Epic Member
for a first official off-topic topic..
No offence to Gregg (and Sammy) but I am really really excited about this! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99DqmBnQ1vQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ6X565eCYM

If they come to Brazil and I be in a free time (I've only 2 weekends free in 5), should be amazing... but it would be VERY expensive here... probably more than I can pay now  :(

anybody else excited?

14883277.jpg

14883263.jpg

and the big on-topic question, will Fender license Warmoth to make replacements parts for the new Fender EVH Wolfgang
693-092807_vanhalenSS_12.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.57.jpg

I got two tickets, can't wait.  Dec. 1st Portland Or. The word on the street, is they are on top of their game and sound great.

Wolfie is evidently an awesome musician as well as singer.  would love to see him strap on a six and do a solo, while the old man gets some oxygen. I saw a bit on you tube of wolfie playen the 6 and was playen circles arround his daddy.

Diamond Dave sounds good too,

I think I got seats next to Michael and Sammy

its nice to see them back like this. I saw them in 81' on the fair warning tour. great show. Ed looks healthy in these pics. maybe Dave's gig as an emt matured him enough to get along with the rest of them.

Brian

Saw them a few years ago with sammy hagar. They sounded good, the best part of the show was eddie and wolfgang playing together. But something just wasn't there.

nathan a said:
Saw them a few years ago with sammy hagar. They sounded good, the best part of the show was eddie and wolfgang playing together. But something just wasn't there.

Hair? Youth? Michael Antony?

willyk said:
nathan a said:

Hair? Youth? Michael Antony?

Well, they had hair and Michael Anthony (Wolfgang came out just for eddie's solo). And youth is overrated.

Or so you geezers tell me.

Theres the Real Van Halen!!!!...........bout fricken time they got Dave back in, .........he's the only one I ever like with them, I never bought another Van Halen album after Dave left. :icon_thumright:

Yo Alfang..I got tickets to that Portland show also. Crappy seats, but Oh well.  At least we're not in the 300 level nose bleeds.  I'm semi-excited about it.  My wife is beside herself.  Should be fun in any case.  Las time I saw VH was the Women & Children First tour.

WMHOLP said:
Yo Alfang..I got tickets to that Portland show also. Crappy seats, but Oh well.  At least we're not in the 300 level nose bleeds.  I'm semi-excited about it.  My wife is beside herself.  Should be fun in any case.  Las time I saw VH was the Women & Children First tour.

I'm in the first section off the floor, straight back from the stage. I have an option to trade up to 4th row with a friend.

as the show gets closer , maybe we can make plans to meet someplace just to say hey.    I will most likely be wearing a USS America Hat.

I saw there first and second tour here back in the 70's, the second time i was 15 feet from eddie, and in front of a wall of cabinets, I was deaf for a week. 

Keep in touch...your in the Portland area?  Tualatin here

I envy you guys that get to see them. I would love to but it's not possible.

Alfang said:
WMHOLP said:

I'm in the first section off the floor, straight back from the stage. I have an option to trade up to 4th row with a friend.

as the show gets closer , maybe we can make plans to meet someplace just to say hey.    I will most likely be wearing a USS America Hat.

I saw there first and second tour here back in the 70's, the second time i was 15 feet from eddie, and in front of a wall of cabinets, I was deaf for a week. 

Keep in touch...your in the Portland area?  Tualatin here

We're over in section 216, one level above you and sort of in the corner to your left at the back of the floor.  I saw their first tour at Jantzen Beach, and the Women tour at the Coliseum.  Yep, I'm in NE Portland.  I'm surprised I wasn't deaf a couple weeks ago.  2 concerts in 2 nights, both front row.  First was Steve Vai at the Roseland, then Pat Travers at The Castle in Centralia.  Pat signed the rear control cover from my Warmoth Les Paul for me, so that was cool.  My one and only Warmoth...I wish I could afford some of the collections I see here.  Mine is partially dis-assembled now waiting on a custom inlay'd ebony truss rod cover in red abolone.  Eventually, I'll have to update the customer gallery photo with the dolled up headstock.  Also put a chrome metal Warmoth logo on there since that pic.

Back