Hot oiled Firebird body.

muhle

Finally got the oils I ordered last week.

Here's the current state of the Firebird after being oiled(first layer) and tinted.
v4a4up.jpg

The picture doesn't do any justice for the real thing though. The grains have almost 3d-quality in them. Especially the maple neck almost looks like flame maple.

Edit: Took a closeup of the horn.
2cna8fl.jpg

Heck of a nice start!

From the title of the thread I had horrid images of someone submerging their guitar in oil and baking it in the oven.  :laughing7:

Blue313 said:
Heck of a nice start!

From the title of the thread I had horrid images of someone submerging their guitar in oil and baking it in the oven.  :laughing7:
The glue joints will fail :p

Ask Wyliee. He just told a story about it.

Max said:
Blue313 said:
Heck of a nice start!

The glue joints will fail :p

Ask Wyliee. He just told a story about it.

No problems with that. This is a one piece body. As far as I know. I don't see any glue marks on the body

Finished the second coat.
ejzzag.jpg

And no I didn't use the rapeseed oil you see in the background )

Dayuuuuuuuum, that's "HOT"....  I'd put a blk korina neck with a rev Jackson style heastock with a ziricote board and rock the hell outta that bitch... :party07:

And for GoDrex, I'd have put a floyd on it...... :laughing7:

blimpo said:
DangerousR6 said:
And for GoDrex, I'd have put a floyd on it...... :laughing7:

You mean one of these?
floyd.jpg

Sorry, I had to be a smart-azz... :sad:
Yip, Floyd the barber, you're not the first. He was brought up in conversation once before....... :icon_biggrin:

Back