Hollow Padouk Strat Body S1852

Seriously, questions like this are better handled with a quick phone call directly to Warmoth. It ain't that expensive. The sales staff there does NOT cruise this board 24/7, they're too busy taking and filling orders.

Rich

I believe the answer is "Yes".  My understanding is they can route any Thrift Shop body to a customer's spec provided current routes don't impede the request.  Since the body you're requesting is already ready for a tremolo, recessed routing for Floyd Rose shouldn't be a problem.  Of course, I don't work for Warmoth.

I live on the other side of the planet (Hong Kong) and don't feel like staying up until 1AM to make an international phone call to find out about a guitar body. To ORDER one, of course, is a different story...

Some hollow Showcase bodies in the past have specified that they can't have recessed Floyds; this one didn't say, and rather than assume (and stay up 'til 1), I figured I'd ask.

What ?  eMail down in the far east?  Warmoth is really good with eMail

Hey, while I don't know the answer to your question, nor do I wish to comment on your asking said question here,  I do want to tell you that this is a fantastic looking guitar to be.  I have read good things about padouk as a tone wood.

It's a GREAT tone wood, and it doesn't need a finish. Which is nice in a tropical climate that doesn't lend itself to spraying. The hollow options is amazing, too. I have a hollow tele body and everything you've heard is true. It's lively, rings great, has a nice rich tone, and makes a guitar so light the only drawback is that it's a tad neck-heavy. But it's worth it!

-CB- said:
What ?  eMail down in the far east?  Warmoth is really good with eMail

Really?  I e-mailed them a question on Friday /w a follow up on Moday and they still haven't responded.

whitebison66 said:
It's a GREAT tone wood, and it doesn't need a finish. Which is nice in a tropical climate that doesn't lend itself to spraying. The hollow options is amazing, too. I have a hollow tele body and everything you've heard is true. It's lively, rings great, has a nice rich tone, and makes a guitar so light the only drawback is that it's a tad neck-heavy. But it's worth it!

Tell me about it.. I live in Taiwan which is just as humid at all time and I wait for good clear days (which is still over 80% humidity) to spray. I don't like spray cans in Taiwan because they blush ALL the time. I used a spray rig and I thinned the lacquer a lot using slow evaporating thinner. Given all these stupid typhoons clear days are getting rare...

whitebison66 said:
... I have a hollow tele body and everything you've heard is true. It's lively, rings great, has a nice rich tone, and makes a guitar so light the only drawback is that it's a tad neck-heavy. But it's worth it!
Do you have a Warmoth "Pro" construction neck?

I did email them, and this particular Hollow body CAN be routed for a recessed Floyd Rose, so I am lucky.

I've been to Taiwan a few times, and I can't figure out how a country north of here is HOTTER than Hong Kong. Though in my experience, Hong Kong's air conditioning is usually set on 'Meat Locker,' which may have something to do with it...  :toothy11:

And at least the typhoons blow the air pollution away for a day or so!

Yes, it's a Warmoth Pro neck; Pau Ferro with Ebony fretboard. The wood choice probably contributes to the heaviness, but the tone and (literal) feel are worth it.

Back